Better wipers???

chinard

Okay, has ANYBODY come up with a windshield wiper mod or swap for us poor cj owners...

These things are HORRIBLE!!!...

So im lookin at....

I used the windshield frame and wiper system out of a wrecked 90 wrangler on my wife's 86 cj7/humj7 - works great! Even got the delay wired up.
(used the heater system and controls too, but that's another topic)

aldridgehouse said:
I used the windshield frame and wiper system out of a wrecked 90 wrangler on my wife's 86 cj7/humj7 - works great! Even got the delay wired up.
(used the heater system and controls too, but that's another topic)

Tell me more about this swap... (wiper swap... i already know about the heater core swap)
was it just a strap-on replacement, or were there other things that needed to be fiddled with, drilled, and/or duct taped along the way...

The only tricky part about this swap was the defrosters - CJ's run em thru the windshield frame, wranglers run em out thru the padded dash. I was swapping wipers and heater, and building a dash from scratch, so it was no big deal, but you'd probably have to cut new defroster vents into the wrangler windshield frame.

They wired right up to the cj wiper switch, the windsheld frame lines up perfect, i even used the windsheld glass and gasket from the cj in the wrangler frame. Oh - don't forget to transfer the vin# plate.

Back