Big Problem!!!!

cjseven84

Alright fellow jeepers i gots a big problem i think. today when i was leavin a buddy of mines house i put my jeep in first gear i reved the engine a little bit then let off the clutch to go and about that time my jeep came to a complet hault and it felt liek my transmission was gonna hit the flooor it made this loud bang sound then went back to a normal idle but now when i start off in 1st gear and let off the clutch and give it gas sometin in the transmission area grinds really bad until i get a littel bit of speed but then in all the other grears it acts fine anyone got any ideas to whats wrong? oh yeah also if i let off the clutch really slow and start off slow it dosent grind at all
image-missing.png
[addsig]

check if it sounds like a gear grind, mechaincal knocking, vibration, or any other thing that would make a similar sound.... it could be a number of things.... have a friend listen underneath and see where its coming from... then it might be more easily approachable.... it sounds to me like a bearing/shaft type deal... when somethings moving slow with variable torque... it can vibrate alot... and when something is moving faster at a constant rate of acceleration... it might stay lined up inside itself just fine. [addsig]

Had a similer experience, my pinion bearings broke. Just for piece of mind, grab a hold of the yoke (u-joints) back by the differential and shake it up and down. Anything more than just minimal (1/64 of an inch) movement is cause for concern. But it could be a gear binding (or chipped) anywhere, or a bad bearing or bushing.[addsig]

Thats what happened to me one time... I ended up finding a bad pinion, ring, and bearing... I just swapped it all out of a commanche[addsig]

Back