Blinker problems.

homeboundcat

Or some reason all the sudden when I put on brakes all of my blinkers light up including on front fenders. Any suggestions on where to start.

I would check for a bad ground. I think there is one by the e-brake and then the ones that are part of the mounting bolts for the tail lights. Not sure on others

I would start by checking all your bulbs. I had a similar problem with a 97'. When I would apply the brakes, my turn signals would stop blinking and my dash lights would come on. I discovered that the previous owner had replaced a double filament brake light bulb with a single filament bulb. I replaced with correct bulb and problem went away. Check for a blown bulb somewhere first. Its the easiest and cheapest place to start.

Was going to check them yesterday until the water pump started looking like niagra falls.

jumper cable from battery negative to the body and see if they all light up. If not, the body to motor ground broke/corroded.

Check the grounds at all four corners. Run a supplemental wire with alligator clips...one end to good known ground and the other end to the light ground. Then test by applying brakes. Bad grounds seem to be common on allbthe Jeeps i have messed with.

Could also be crossover power from a partially failed dual element bulb. Check each taillight bulb....some times you can see the cross overed failed filament.

Back