Body lift and 35's or no body lift and 33's?

98Sahara4me

I am running 315/75r16 on my wrangler with a 3.75" lift from rough country. I don't really like the looks of the body lift even though its only 1.25". If I took it off I would be able to run 305/70r16, or 28575r16 easily since I have metal cloak fenders. What's everyone's take on it? It's a 98 Sahara so I have the Dana 30 front/ Dana 35 rear. I have heard a lot about the Dana 35 not being able to handle the 35" tires for long. Anyone got any advice on if I should stay on 35" or go smaller?

Not only will your rear axle last longer with smaller tires, but so will your front unit bearings and balljoints.

If you're like me, and there's something you don't like about the Jeep (i.e. body lift), it'll bother you until it's fixed.

Are you geared for 35's, or still running stock? If stock then you may get better power from stepping down in size.

Having said that, I'm pretty happy with my setup - 1.25" body lift, 33 inch tires, and a belly up / tummy tuck. The extra ground clearance from raising the skids is similar to running bigger tires. This is probably the most expensive route though. - Here's more info http://www.jeepz.com/forum/jeep-builds/41363-terrymasons-2005-jeep-tj-build-2.html#post307201

If yo don't want to swap axles stay below a 35" tire with a Dana 35 because it will grenade in the some what near future. 35+ you need to look for a bigger axle.

Awesome! I really appreciate the advice from everyone, I'm gonna swap it out an go 33" tires since everyone agrees that the axle will last longer. I don't think I would use anything bigger. Besides these 35's cause to much trouble. I done swapped out drag link, tie rod, trac bar, pitman arm, ball joints, wheel bearings, and stabilizer for heavy duty replacements and still can't get rid of this damn wobble. I drilled a new hole for the trac bar since the original was egged out. Control arms and tires are next then I'm gonna find someone around here who really knows how to make sure everything's measuring out right. I had the alignment done already but for some reason that's done nothing.

Back