Bolt pattern confused

signguy

Just found a set of wheels on C/L I want to get for my '79 CJ5. He said they came off a Dodge Ramcharger and they would fit my CJ. I was thinkin' Mopar was 5 on 5 1/2" and my Jeep is 5 on 5". :???: Can any body straighten me out here.
Thanks,
Signguy

Like xjmarc said all CJ's were 5 on 5.5". Now Dodge had a few different patterns over the years so I would double check the rims to be sure they are 5 on 5.5".

I believe all ram chargers and trail dusters were 5 on 5.5. rims from a FS dodge will fit on your jeep, but not the other way around since the front hub on the CJ is considerably smaller so factory wheels will need the center of the rims bored out.

Ramcharger/Trailduster bolt patterns (BP)
The 2wd and full time 4wd used a 5 on 4.5" BP. The part time 4wd (1980 on up) used a 5 on 5.5" BP.

Last edited:
they made 2wd ram charges and trail dusters.. learn something every day

devils advocate here.. you don't happen to know why the D100 and D150 2wd trucks also share the smaller bolt pattern?

Yes, the full time 4wd and the 2wd 1/2 ton and lighter trucks had smaller spindle bearings so the hubs were smaller. It wasn't till the part time 4wd did they have to use the larger bearings and hubs to facilitate the lockouts.

ALL "1/2 ton" DODGE trucks and 1/2-3/4 ton vans (except Dakota) went to 5 on 5-1/2 in 85.
Signguy; where are you located? My son has an 89 Ramcharger and is looking for different wheels.

OK,cool. Thanks for all the help guys. And to the guy who wanted to know where I am, I recently moved from Alaska to Gravois Mills Missouri.
Signguy

Back