Bored at work...

Saurian

OK, so as of a couple months ago, I'm no longer under the employ of O'Charley's... I had one of those revelations where you realize that you're working for two of the shadiest and most rotten people you've ever met in your life, and the job's just not worth it. After traversing the horrible job market for a couple months, I'm back at Texas Roadhouse, where I worked for 2 years, 2 years ago... I was the master baker, bakery trainer, also trained on salad and fry... It's a fun environment, affording a lot of free time if you're keeping up with your job, and time to get into all sorts of foolishness.

I was on bake tonight, making those rolls that everyone loves.
image-missing.png

I used to do this when I worked there. Being that it was kids night, and even though I'm not particularly fond of the little horrors that come in, I got bored and for the first time since I got back, started to get creative with the scrap dough...

image-missing.png

This is one of my signature snails. It's made of bread, the eyes are meat temperature picks from grill...

image-missing.png

This is a random little lizard, again, made of bread. It's eyes, claws, toungue, and spikes are all meat picks, the pointy ones chopped up by myself.

Yeah, bored at work. Anyone else do anything odd when bored at work?

Being a locksmiths where theres no jobs...I throw my legs on the passenger seat of the van lean on the driver's door..and sleep. I don't really have a place to go, so not too many options.

But that is neat. bake on

Due to ongoing court procedings, and at the request of my attorney, I cannot answer that question on the grounds it may incriminate me. If things work out, I'll tell you in a couple of months. If things don't work out, I'll tell you in 7-20 years.

Bored at work??? Wish I had the time to be bored at work. They've got me running my a$$ off from the time I start till the time I leave. Can't even take lunch somedays.

i cant do anything fun my job or ill get canned. home depot sucks

Yea, I could eat a bunch of those rolls. I like the local Texas Roadhouse here. Awesome food.

When I get bored I surf the web. Nothing real exciting. Last time I got seriously bored and rebuilt/repainted the Jeep.

Mmmmm, rolls :D

About the only time I can get bored at work is when it's pouring rain and there's no lines/poles down. This is usually a rare but good chance to look at the back of my eyelids.

Steakhouse. Hand-cut steaks, their schtick is everything being made from scratch, the dressings, the gravies and sauces, the mashed potatoes, the bread... All of it. Very labour intensive, but one of the best companies I ever worked for, which is why I'm back.

I work at the one in Madison Heights, Michigan, at 12 mile and John R. Roads.

It gets up there, a good sized steak dinner runs ya about 12-18 bucks, that's your steak with 2 sides... They've also got some great appetizers, chicken dishes, seafood... Jeez, am I sounding like a commercial for the bloody company or what?

Saurian said:
It gets up there, a good sized steak dinner runs ya about 12-18 bucks, that's your steak with 2 sides... They've also got some great appetizers, chicken dishes, seafood... Jeez, am I sounding like a commercial for the bloody company or what?
it gets up there, HA! i paid $43 for my 22oz bone in colorado rib eye the other day at smith and wollensky, plus $8 for my baked potato and $10 for my salad. no offense, i just can't do a family type steakhouse. there is a world of difference between a family steakhouse like a texas roadhouse, longhorn etc and some place like smith and woll, mortons and the capital grille. dry aged steak rocks my pallet!

ps - nice buns though :)

Saurian said:
Steakhouse. Hand-cut steaks, their schtick is everything being made from scratch, the dressings, the gravies and sauces, the mashed potatoes, the bread... All of it. Very labour intensive, but one of the best companies I ever worked for, which is why I'm back.

I work at the one in Madison Heights, Michigan, at 12 mile and John R. Roads.

Sounds good, gonna have to try it. Just can't try yours- it would be a little bit too far to drive. Considering I'm down near Dallas, Texas.
:D

I'm bored enough to read two pages about rolls and steaks.
The best steaks in my area come off my grill. Anybody for dinner? You bring the beer....and snail rolls.

I remember bread... I was allowed to eat it once upon a time...

Got a good recipe for whole wheat bread with very low calories and no white overly processed flour? Oh wait... That would be a true oxymoron...

Charlie

Actually, yes, I do somewhere, using rough stone-milled wheat flour. It's somewhere in my desk, if I come across it, I shall gladly let you know...

PS, it's delicious with honey on it when it's right out of the oven.

Back