brakes

poooorboy

Whats up peaple I got a prob with my brakes ! I replaced two rear wheel cylinder s and the pedal is still soft i blead the back breaks that i replaced and i took it for a ride and it did not break well also i could here a strange noise under the dash were the steering wheel is or fuse box!??? any help would be great!!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I was allways taught to bleed all the brakes after opening the system. Starting with the shortest brake line (left front) working to the longest brake line (right rear). Don´t know about a strange noise under the dash, if it sounds like a woosh when you hit the brakes could be a little air leak in the brake booster (doesn´t mean much, unless the brakes get real hard to push). Also check to see that the rear adjusters turn freely (grease the threads). If the pedal falls with a steady pressure, this is a sign the master cylinder may be bad. Have seen a few bad master cylinders (dangerous).[addsig]

Also, when you had the wheel cylinders off did you make sure to keep fluid in the Master Cylinder? If it gets too low or empty, you'll probably need to bench bleed it to get the air out. The sound you're hearing could also be air in the system. When I was bleeding my brakes there was a more noticable hiss from the brake booster area until I had all the air out. Hope this helps.[addsig]

Thanks guys i dont know what i would do with out this site ! My prob is not fixed but now i have more of a chance repairing this fine auto mobile!!! Well one more cup of coffee and off to brake world i go0!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back