Bump Stops

djcrigh

Hi

I have a 95 YJ. All my bump stops have rusted off and I want to replace them. The problem is about half the bolts broke off in the frame when I tried to remove them. Now what? Does anyone have any thoughts on how to proceed.

Thanks Don

I moved your post to the Yj section. My suggestion is to drill out the bolt then cut a steel plate and drill a hole on the middle that would enable you to recess the nut and weld it onto the plate flush mounted. Weld the steel plate onto the frame. That will be your new reinforced bumpstop mount.

i see you need gears for the front and rear, look up US Standard gears!! they are actually made by rubicon (i believe) but arent "as smooth" however i am running them in the rear of my YJ, and LOVE them, they were easy to set up (do most of my own work, including my axles) and i have not notices ANY noise coming from them at all and have put over 1k miles on them so far. ANd they are over half off compared to most other gears

i see you need gears for the front and rear, look up US Standard gears!! they are actually made by rubicon (i believe) but arent "as smooth" however i am running them in the rear of my YJ, and LOVE them, they were easy to set up (do most of my own work, including my axles) and i have not notices ANY noise coming from them at all and have put over 1k miles on them so far. ANd they are over half off compared to most other gears

Yeah, i've had the quote of all the parts i need for the front and rear axles including the part numbers from Yukon gears. I just seem to keep spending my money on my kids college fund. :cry:

op. Drill out and re-tap the holes.

Mikey, I run gen 1 Yukon gears for the past 7 years. never had an issue. you will not be disapointed

Back