bye bye XJ

90Xjay

well...... I sold the Jeep.
there I said it.

I have had my Jeep for 3 years and I barely put 2500 miles on it. I bought it with the intention of running moderate trails. Unfortunately, there aren't many places to go around here, everything is private land. We do have a local club that gets to run a few places, but I'm not much for that because they are into mudding and big rocks and tearing up everything you have every weekend. I like trail riding like I do in Colorado and New Mexico and it just ain't happening here. There are a couple of places within 100 miles that I want to go.
Sometimes I just think I fixed my XJ up too nice and didn't want to tear it up.

When I set it out for sale on a busy street a couple of saturdays ago, it sold in under 3 hours and I got within $200 of what I was asking.

Here is my plan. I already took the cash and paid half down on a 2007 Travel trailer. That is one thing that the whole family loves to do and we have several places to go here. We have went out twice already. It was an investment in my family. I have one 4 yr old and one 8 yr old and a friend told me that I only have about 8 years left before they don't think it's cool to hang out with mom and dad, so I figured I would go in a direction the whole family likes. All of us love camping without a doubt.
I have already started looking for a 80's FSJ and this time its staying rough.
I'm thinking cut out the fenders and run 32's or just find an older wrangler thats kind of rough and I wouldn't mind beating on.
Like I said, there are some places to go locally, I just didn't want to destroy my rig.

I miss the old XJ but I'm sure something will pop back up in the near future.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else!
Edit/Delete Message

Aw... Well, if it was the right decision for you and your family, nothing more needs to be said... You had a nice rig, I'm sure it found a good home where someone will enjoy it as much as you did.

Aw... Well, if it was the right decision for you and your family, nothing more needs to be said... You had a nice rig, I'm sure it found a good home where someone will enjoy it as much as you did.

oh yeah, this Air Force Sgt had big eyes for it. He was like a teenager running around it. He wants to take it to 5" and do pocket flares.
Part of me hopes he doesn't cut it up too bad and destroy it, but it's his to do as he pleases.

IT's the natural cycle of Jeep ownership :lol:

Buy, build, sell, repeat.

I hope you all are enjoying the camper! I wish we could do that but we'd need an 18 wheeler :lol:

Hate to hear that, 90.:( :( So, what are you gonna use to pull down any future patios that you don't like???:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:)

And..........what about you're name now????.................you gonna change it to "90XJless"???:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We already gotta guy name "Jeepless20" that now has an XJ....................getting pretty confusing here?!?!??!?!?

Seriously, it's really good to hear that your priorities are in order.......and, as I've said before, "Jeepin'" really has to do with atitude, not vehicle (heck, it took me 50 years to finally buy a Jeep, but the "atitude" was there all along!).

Hopefully, you and your family will pull that thing all around the country and, perhaps, stop here and there to meet some of your "cyberspace-Jeepz-whacko" friends!!!!

God Bless, 90..........We know you'll be stickin' around,
the muds

Trust me, I KNOW what you are going thru 90.

Hope you get over losing the XJ... I never did. :(

Congrats on the new vehicle tho!

Sorry to hear that 90....so your jeepless eh?

Now who had that tar?...because I can go out and get those feathers again

you know, I've been waiting over two weeks to tell you guys cause I knew I was gonna be in for it:lol: :lol:

Hate to hear that, 90.:( :( So, what are you gonna use to pull down any future patios that you don't like???:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:)

And..........what about you're name now????.................you gonna change it to "90XJless"???:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We already gotta guy name "Jeepless20" that now has an XJ....................getting pretty confusing here?!?!??!?!?

Seriously, it's really good to hear that your priorities are in order.......and, as I've said before, "Jeepin'" really has to do with atitude, not vehicle (heck, it took me 50 years to finally buy a Jeep, but the "atitude" was there all along!).

Hopefully, you and your family will pull that thing all around the country and, perhaps, stop here and there to meet some of your "cyberspace-Jeepz-whacko" friends!!!!

God Bless, 90..........We know you'll be stickin' around,
the muds

thanks for the words Mud;)

heck yeah I'm sticking around, Terry is gonna have to ban me to keep me off of this board!:lol: :lol:

Don't nun of yous go gittin any ideas neether!:purple: :purple:

you know, I've been waiting over two weeks to tell you guys cause I knew I was gonna be in for it:lol: :lol:
Well I am glad I was the first to heckle ya for it....you were expecting it at least :purple:

Now that we have the tar and feathers arranged for I am still waiting for volunteers to help with the TP party.

Back