Car washes are dangerous!!!!!!!

purpleyjgirl

So I went to the gas station this morning, filled up my jeep, and got my free car wash ticket. There was only one person in line so I said I might aswell clean this thing (it was pretty nasty we had rain and snow the last couple of days) Now car washes freek me out anyways, I dont like feeling confinied in them. so I punch in my number and pull up..."leave your car in nutral and dont use your brake" everyone knows the routine, right? ok so the mini van in front of me was out of sight im on my way in, everythings going smooth then all of a sudden my truck is jolted and SMASH!!!! I rearended the mini van inside the car wash. Now anyone with brains would thing "stupid girl you left it in drive" right?....... WRONG. I didnt it was in nuetral the whole time, So anyways the mini van goes out no problem I figured the driver would be outside waiting for me to check for damages. Nope!!! The stupid car wash spits me out withput rinsing my jeep off. Now im shaking and I cant see a thing cause my truck is covered in soap. And mr. mini van is nowhere in sight........O--K Now what? I look like an idiot with soap all over my truck, luckly my work was right across the parking lot so I pull in get some towels from the salon, wipe my car off, calm down and go back to the gas staion to let them know theres something wrong with the car wash.......The lady doesnt ask if theres any damage to my truck or the other vehicle, (which there wasnt any to mine except a scrtch on my bumper) , hands me another ticket (as if im really going to go back in that thing) Then trurns around and sells another. :shock:
Ok im sorry I had to share this story with you cause im in awww that they would continue to run the car wash if it was possible malfunctioning in some way.
Am I wrong? Well whatever I hope everyone enjoys this.
Isnt it funny how something happens and you just want to run home and tell all your friends at jeepz.com :wink:
Needless to say I will never go thru an automatic car wash ever again!!!

i would have sold the carwash ticket... i dont' use them... and the automatic washes don't hold a candle to my mud

Speaking of which I just got a job at an Auto Bell car wash and it has one of those automatic wash things but we haven't had an accident in it. I get a free wash every week, but I can't exactly take advantage of that being that I have no back window.

We own a carwash, and it has an atomatic in the last bay. We work very hard to keep it functioing properly, and we pay for any damage it might have caused. So far that just amounts to one bug guard in the 6 years we have owned the business. Just thought that you would like to know that some fellow car wash guys do care about their customers. Oh, and if anyone sees a car with a broken up front end, they might be the ones that ran into our carwash, so turn um in! Happy Jeepin.
Vavs

The minivan driver in front of you probably hit his brakes and were waiting for another roller to get them going again. Unfortunately that roller was already spoken for (by your Jeep)> When I worked at "Bel Air Car Wash" (Now "BUD'S Car Wash") in High School that happened everyonce in a while. Um, what part of "n-o b-r-a-k-e-s" did you not get there mister???

Welding my D30???

We had an auto wash blow the sidewall out of one tire on our TrailBlazer. The owner was real good to us, replaced the tire with no hassle.

I went through my local carwash a year ago (I have yet to go through it or any other again). Once that thing spit me out it had ripped off my Vincennes Univ. Alumni license plate cover, the license plate holder, and feathered the outsides of my tires. Tires I can possibly understand (they should have a sign up about max tire size if it was a problem-30x9.5's) but the plate cover??? I won't touch 'em.

I used to work at one of those car washes back in high school. That was when they paid minimum wage at like $3.15 an hour. I was pimpin at about 50 cents above that. I used to give all my buddies free carwashes. The only good thing about that job was that the owner had a pile of the things and had his own private plane and beach condo. He let me fly down and use his condo one weekend. That was pretty cool, otherwise it was a miserable place to work because everyone griped that the carwash didn't get every single bug and piece of dirt off the car. I used to think..."It's free with a fill up, what do you want a new car out of the thing?"
I used to find all kind of stuff in there after work. I found one of those big red plastic wiffle bats (played a mean game of tape ball), shotgun shells, and other random stuff that would blow out of the back of pickups.

Back