CB placement?

ejdjeep

I picked up a cb off e-bay and was wondering where to put it?
I have a 89 YJ with the A/C unit and a CD player. I was looking at the glove box but that is kind of far away! Any ideas?
:?:

I had to have a special piece made to mount mine in the air. the piece you can buy in jcwhitney is over 200 depends on how big the cb whether it will even fit in that. What kind did you get.

I think that is probly a small version and will fit in that console you can buy. You can also put a stereo in it and lock it up. But I had a special aluminum piece welded to fit in the same spot for my Galaxy..

Take out the Ash Tray and put it there. Great place ez to get to and you have a power line from the old lighter. Good Luck tug

off the subject

If you want to go the expensive route, you can get yourself a Tuffy console... I have my CD player in one, but I imagine a CB would probably fit too.

parts for sale

I was thinking of taking out the ash tray and placing it there!!

I have a 88 yj that I put it under the dash to the right of the gear shifer and the left of the passenger floor board...I will take pics if you wanna see.....:)

I would just stick it in the ash tray if it will fit. It will save you space and you wont have to have an ash tray in your jeep.

Once you get rid of the stinky ol ash tray you have the full center of the dash up for grabs I fit my full size uniden there no problems at all. tug

Back