CB radios in Jeeps

Stalefishsk8er

hey guys who here a CB in there jeep and what's your handle and what radio(s) you use if you have more then one

i'll start

Handle: Dogtown
CB Radios: Cobra soundtracker 129 NWS, Cobra HH33, and a G&E vintage CB handheld radio but i do have more but i cant remember the names of them

Handle:TuffLuck
CBs: Old(1980 model ) Radio Shack in the CJ5
Midland model 1001Z in the YJ

I don't talk on mine often enough to say that I have a handle, but I have the Cobra with everything built into the mic in my TJ. Of course, the only time I've wheeled in a group since I got it I was the only one in my group that had a CB so I didn't get to use it. I do use it on the highway occasionally getting traffic info and the like from truckers.

i just got everything together for the cb in he 87. i have ot get somre things to put one in the 93. my buddy gave me a cb and a firestick antenna is why the 87 has everything now.

in the 87:
cobra 19

going in the 93:
cobra 129 ltd classic

no handle. never had one because i never knew enough about them to need one. i like to listen more then talk anyways.

what is the normal talk channels? i know 9 and 19 are the emergency channels

chanel 19 is the trucker channel 9 is for emergencys i have a cobra 148 gtl with extra channels with a 108 stainless steel whip and my handel is nasty noise cuz of how loud the jeep is lol

83-cj-7=383-stroker said:
chanel 19 is the trucker channel 9 is for emergencys i have a cobra 148 gtl with extra channels with a 108 stainless steel whip and my handel is nasty noise cuz of how loud the jeep is lol

I know that say that but i would think if i needed help i would go to 19 where everyone is

Handle used to be "White Pepper" when I had a white pickup with black trim.

Haven't decided on a new handle lately since I put the cheapest Midland radio I could find ($26) from Amazon.com in my red and black YJ.

"Red Pepper" just doesn't sound right....or does it?

Larry

larrymo49 said:
Handle used to be "White Pepper" when I had a white pickup with black trim.

Haven't decided on a new handle lately since I put the cheapest Midland radio I could find ($26) from Amazon.com in my red and black YJ.

"Red Pepper" just doesn't sound right....or does it?

Larry

Maybe chili pepper

Back