center console sub swap

cheech66

has any one this sub in the stock console enclosure Kicker CompVT 08CVT654
Shallow 6.5" subwoofer
curious if you need to replace amp that comes with stock any help tks

Cheech are you asking if the Kicker CompVT 08CVT654 is a suitable replacement for the stock "Sub in the Console" or are you asking if you need a new Amp when you replace the stock sub with the Kicker?
I have been looking into the same thing but had not found a suitable sub replacement.

The stock TJ sub runs at 1ohm, so there is no direct replacement. Having said that, if you just pickup any cheap 6.5 inch sub and put it in there it'll sound much better than a blown stock one. Since the stock amp is setup to run at 1-ohm, though very low power, your 4-ohm sub will work, but it will just be underpowered.

So, if you're going to reuse the stock amp, get a very cheap sub and go for it.

If you want good sound from a replacement sub, you'll need to disable the stock amp and use an aftermarket one.

Cheech are you asking if the Kicker CompVT 08CVT654 is a suitable replacement for the stock "Sub in the Console" or are you asking if you need a new Amp when you replace the stock sub with the Kicker?
I have been looking into the same thing but had not found a suitable sub replacement.

Rubi quick answer is both I guess!!?? I may just go the cheap route and do the Pyramid sub??!! This is on the back burner for know however!!

Back