centerforce II clutch question

Sacredgroove

Im about to swap out my motor to a fresh 4.2 with howell tbi. decided to put a new clutch in while im at...how is the centerforce II for daily driving? I currently dont wheel it much but I plan on changing the CJ into more of a rec vehicle than daily in the next couple years so figured I should go with something more stout while Im in there. will the stiffness of the pedal get on my nerves driving 100 miles a day mainly in the city?

also, any issues with por-15 on suspension/steering parts I should be aware of? im doing the frame rails where I can see them with motor/transmission/transfer out so I would like to hit as much as possible...
thanks!

RE: GL5 or GL3?

I wouldn't waste the money on a performance cluch for a stock jeep engine. Get an OEM clutch and spend that extra money elsewhere. The stock engine doesn't require the extra holding power.

I just did my clutch a few months ago and did a lot of calling around and research on the internet. I was also set on a Centerforce II clutch until after the research. Apparantly the Centerforces can be a real pain in the a$$ if you get mud and dirt into them. Also very expensive. Even if you don't have a beefed up motor, larger tires and off roading such as rock crawling where you're constantly on the clutch can be just as hard on it. After all the research, I was told by numerous people to go with a Luk clutch. They have a regular clutch and they have the Luk Gold Series clutches which is what I went with. I didn't notice any difference in pedal pressure at all, in fact it almost felt lighter on the pedal.

I've got a centerforce 2 in my jeep. No harder to push than my stock clutch was, and so far works fine. I'm happy with it....

I just bought a dual friction go behind my stroker. Centerforce clutches are not supposed to affect pedal pressure, as they use a special weight system to increase contact pressure. I would have to disagree that upgraded clutches are for modded motors only; maybe with cars, but not trucks and Jeeps. I experienced clutch slippage in my CJ with slightly modded motor, 32" tires, and oem (but not original) clutch, even when just going up the hill to get to my house. Plus, offroad, you ride that clutch alot more, and would benefit from a more durable one. I don't know much about the luk clutch, but the centerforce II is what people usually put in their Jeeps that go offroad and have large tires or tow trailers.

Back