Cherokee AC coil failure

LUVAJEEP

Hello,
My name is Mike and I have been dropping in on this site hear and there, especially when I need to know something about my Jeep, so today I registered so I can post (well - it is what it is - ask for help). I need to know if a Wrangler, or Grand Cherokee AC CLUTCH FIELD COIL will interchange onto my 01 Cherokee Limited 4X4 or not. I have called myself looking in the forums but haven't found anything. I ordered a new Clutch Coil from Moparonline.com where they said if I gave them my VIN the part would be right, so I did, and its not. So here is my deal guys. Looking at Mitchell Repair Information Systems, it shows that there is a Diode (general) in my coil, yet the one I got is for a Wrangler TJ, and it shows to have a Zener Diode, which is different. Instead of current flowing just one way, it can flow two ways. I don't know if I should try it or not. Hope to here from someone that has interchanged them before. My compressor is a Sanden R134A. My connector is a one wire, and the new part (Wrangler or Grand Cherokee - same coil) is a two wire.
Anyway, can't wait to post photos of my two Cherokee's. Wife and I both have been Jeep owners for years and years, just love them. Thanks for any advise or input given.

LUVAJEEP (Mike)

They are not interchangable. The Clutch coil is specific to the compressor, not the VIN number since the vehicle came from multiple plants and the part source can vary sometimes.

Thanks for the input. Today I heard the compressor growling in traffic (stop and go), so I am going to just replace the compressor. I just may improve my MPG's alittle bit too, we'll see.

Back