Cherokee or Liberty

lol guys

Xjay thanks for the clarification! I typed my line like this: StErEoTyPeS ArE So FuN ArEnT ThEy? because it reminded me of a more silly way of saying that. I ain't buying no stinking liberty but I realize what you and the jeep guy are saying.

Mr. Mud- Sterotypes are a huge peeve of mine actually. I'm always deleting words from my posts because sterotypes are so easy to fall into and so unfair to those that are profiled into those ranks. I almost did the same thing last night on the tipping post but I edited my words out. It is also the reason I curb myself from the political posts, stereotyping is easy in that topic too.

I can say that I realize I fall into a very small margin of people who check my hair and apply lip gloss even on the way to offroading. This puts me somewhat at a disadvantage in conversations and all things that involve tuff stuff like jacked up jeeps. There are still jeeping men who have known me for some time that constantly give me no respect or ignore me during rides or events (for whatever reason). Not to say that there aren't also good jeeping men who do respect me and treat me just like one of the guys when were all out jeeping. It's a really odd catch 22! lol Sometimes I feel like writing about it. Someday I will too, but I haven't the time right now.

Lady

Saurian said:
WK? WK??? That's not right, what the heck happened to all of them ending in J? XJ, TJ, YJ, CJ, WJ, ZJ, MJ, so on, so on...

With the new IFS I would have called it a BJ hehehehe Couldnt resist that one sorry! tug

I think that the new GC is an awesome ride with alot of off-road capability, probably the most capable one ever made. It has larger wheel wells and a electronic limited slip rear that is supposed to be flawless.

Problem is, although it is probably the best Jeep ever available to get you to work on a snowy day or to the cabin for the hunting trip, it has left the "buy her and build her" Jeeper out in the cold.

It has gone the way of the Durango - more power and luxury, less ruggedness.

WK - What Krap.

WK= Women and Kids
That one is sure to be badged Mall Rated.
I don't know why Jeep couln't have just kept the Cherokee and still made the Liberty. Why did they have to ditch one to make another? Is there some kind of hidden rule that will only allow them to make X number of models?
I also take offense to the thing being called a Renegade.

Dubya's Brains

Mingex Wrote: But that first post clearly didn't convey the higher thought process of your thinking...assuming you weren't backpedaling dude.

That is why I posted this right after my fist post

90Xjay Wrote:
Let me elaborate.

I think Jeep found out two things when they replaced the Cherokee with the Liberty.

1. They lost a large customer base of men who liked the Cherokee. That is one reason that industry insiders claim the Unlimited was brought out to gain back some of those lost customers who missed the old XJ

2. They also found a whole new market segment of female customers with the Liberty that they had not had in the past.

My local dealer has about 25 Libertys at any one time. Most of them are 2WD. They only order a few 4X4's
They won't even order the Renegade, which looks pretty cool btw, in a 4X4, the ladies don't care for a 4x4

And if you keep picking on me about it I will get my cousin Tiny to come see yooz :lol: :lol:

90Xjay said:
And if you keep picking on me about it I will get my cousin Tiny to come see yooz :lol: :lol:

Hahaha... I'm glad you know I was just messin with ya. :lol: But you tell Tiny I will wup his arse.

swampers & beadlocks

90Xjay wrote:

And if you keep picking on me about it I will get my cousin Tiny to come see yooz

Mingez wrote:

Hahaha... I'm glad you know I was just messin with ya. But you tell Tiny I will wup his arse.

Better be careful with cousin Tiny, he weighs about 300 pounds and has Turrets Syndrome. I just hate taking him golfing... :lol: :lol:

BTW, I drove a Hemi Grand yesterday at the dealer, it will rip your head off on pavement, very nice inside for just over $40K

I'm not seeing the same progression of these being lifted and modifed by the 2nd or 3rd owners like the old ZJ or XJ.

BTW, I drove a Hemi Grand yesterday at the dealer, it will rip your head off on pavement, very nice inside for just over $40K

just over $40K?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!? Do they have 30 year loans??

LadyJeepFreak said:
I can say that I realize I fall into a very small margin of people who check my hair and apply lip gloss even on the way to offroading. This puts me somewhat at a disadvantage in conversations and all things that involve tuff stuff like jacked up jeeps. There are still jeeping men who have known me for some time that constantly give me no respect or ignore me during rides or events (for whatever reason). Not to say that there aren't also good jeeping men who do respect me and treat me just like one of the guys when were all out jeeping. It's a really odd catch 22! lol Sometimes I feel like writing about it. Someday I will too, but I haven't the time right now.

Lady, I just got to reading this part... BTW, I love your avatar smiley... I come from a camping family, the whole shebang... We'd go up to that property that I mention, the 11 acres of swamp and trees (although the road was better back then, they logged some parcels, and it became Jeep only), and we would tent camp, in sleeping bags, on the ground, eating off metalware, stuff like that... Yeah, we had propane stove, but still... And my Mom'd be the first one up, cookin the breakfast, lighting the fire chopping the wood, making the coffee... And when everything was going, she'd take a pot of warm water, wash her hair, fix herself up, and she'd look ready to go anywhere by the time we woke up... Anywhere was usually fishing, but to each their own... Point in case:

You're not the only one :)

90Xjay, I see you have a new Avatar. Nice of you to pay tribute to our forefathers

When you get moved into PA, I am coming to get you and we are gonna go hunt that thing with our Jeeps!! :lol:

Back