Cherokee or Liberty

Who_Cares

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Hmmm Looks like a liberty to me.

Why, is that supposed to be the new cherokee? Didn't the Liberty take that spot? So to make up for it they put a Cherokee tag on a Liberty? Is it good for escaping from rabid elephants? Why do I keep ending everything with a question mark?

WK? WK??? That's not right, what the heck happened to all of them ending in J? XJ, TJ, YJ, CJ, WJ, ZJ, MJ, so on, so on...

Jerry Tucker who is a Jeep Salesman told me that right at 74% of the dealer's Liberty Sales is to women.

Nuff Said.

Let me elaborate.

I think Jeep found out two things when they replaced the Cherokee with the Liberty.

1. They lost a large customer base of men who liked the Cherokee. That is one reason that industry insiders claim the Unlimited was brought out to gain back some of those lost customers who missed the old XJ

2. They also found a whole new market segment of female customers with the Liberty that they had not had in the past.

My local dealer has about 25 Libertys at any one time. Most of them are 2WD. They only order a few 4X4's
They won't even order the Renegade, which looks pretty cool btw, in a 4X4, the ladies don't care for a 4x4

Ok, who is going to be the first to make up something for what "WK" stands for. Without the "J", I can't think of anything.

Anyone? Anyone?

It only ends in "j" if it has real axles ;)

That IFS will be sweet on the street, but I doubt we'll ever see any decent lifts for it, other than maybe some kind of 2" deal.

Pity

90xjAY wrote:

Jerry Tucker who is a Jeep Salesman told me that right at 74% of the dealer's Liberty Sales is to women.

Nuff Said.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

StErEoTyPeS ArE So FuN ArEnT ThEy?

Lady

Jeep didn't want to lose the recognition of cherokee and sells the liberties as cherokees overseas. I don't know why that wouldn't apply here...

90xjAY wrote:

Nuff Said.

Please allow me to clarify that post.

I was trying to convey that the women who are buying the Liberty aren't buying them for the off-road capability, they don't ever care if they are 4X4 or not.
They are buying the Liberty on looks. Which is fine, it is just an observation of mine.

How can I put this?
I was not slamming women, just that Liberty sales appear to be driven not on performance, but appearance which lent credence to my comparison back to the Cherokee, which I was defending.

The Liberty will be a success for Jeep, but maybe not for the reasons thought of before its debut.

I haven't the words for that "Jeep". I think I hate it.

As for the Women comment...it's a good thing you clarified your stereotype! JK.

But that first post clearly didn't convey the higher thought process of your thinking...assuming you weren't backpedaling dude. :wink: Not that I'd fault you, because I felt a LadyJeepFreak a-s-s wuppin' was coming. Hahahahaha. :lol:

90Xjay said:
90xjAY wrote:

Nuff Said.

Please allow me to clarify that post.

I was trying to convey that the women who are buying the Liberty aren't buying them for the off-road capability, they don't ever care if they are 4X4 or not.
They are buying the Liberty on looks. Which is fine, it is just an observation of mine.

How can I put this?
I was not slamming women, just that Liberty sales appear to be driven not on performance, but appearance which lent credence to my comparison back to the Cherokee, which I was defending.

The Liberty will be a success for Jeep, but maybe not for the reasons thought of before its debut.

LadyJeepFreak aint buyin' a stinkin' Liberty, anyway!!! Lady, you don't fit the "profile". I think she was just razzin' ya.

Back