Chrysler JEEP Recalls....04 Cherookee, Liberty, Wrangler

LadyJeepFreak

New Transmission

Guess some of you will be getting this letter in the mail. Just a heads up. I'm pretty sure this is valid information, it came from a professional link I use at work. I think it was dated 2/9, not sure how fast recalls work.

Lady 8)

===============================================
DaimlerChrysler Has Recalled some Jeep Models
(SafetyAlerts) - The U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced.

Make : JEEP Model : GRAND CHEROKEE Year : 2004

Make : JEEP Model : LIBERTY Year : 2004

Make : JEEP Model : WRANGLER Year : 2004

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 04V048000

Component: EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELS

Potential Number Of Units Affected : 96

Summary:
ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, DUE TO A RECENT SOFTWARE PROGRAMMING ERROR, THE TIRE, WHEEL, AND INFLATION PRESSURE INFORMATION WAS INADVERTENTLY OMITTED FROM THE VEHICLE CERTIFICATION LABEL.

Consequence:
THE VEHICLE OWNER WOULD NOT BE AWARE OF THE TIRE, WHEEL, AND INFLATION PRESSURE INFORMATION FOR THEIR VEHICLE.

Remedy:
OWNERS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH A CORRECTED TIRE CERTIFICATION LABEL. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING FEBRUARY 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Notes:
DAIMLERCHRYSLER RECALL NO. D05. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION?S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

Important Note Regarding Auto Recalls
Frequently SafetyAlerts will list auto recalls before
your dealer will know about them. If you have a vehicle
affected by one of these posted recalls be sure and
write down the NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number.
If your dealer doesn't know about the recall when you
check, ask them how they are notified of recalls and
when the next update is due.

Did you know?

During 2001 there were over
1575 products recalled in the United
States for safety reasons!

We all better run to the dealer and fast. How will we know how much air to put in our tires?? :lol:

Ouch !

that is such a waste of paper work...not to mention time and energy.

I wouldnt doubt it if this is some kind of joke. Sounds like something from The Onion. :p

Back