CJ-5 ventilating windshield

Desert Rat 1960

Does anyone out there own a 50's CJ-5 with the ventilating windshield? I am looking for a photo of the swing out arms that hold the inner frame open. Mine are missing, and I need a picture of the correct ones that are supposed to be on it :???:

I've never seen nor heard of a ventilating windshield on a CJ5 from the factory. Maybe someone at EarlyCJ5.com can prove me wrong,but the only ones I've seen were on early military flaties. If you could post a picture,maybe we can figure this one out.

I've never seen nor heard of a ventilating windshield on a CJ5 from the factory. Maybe someone at EarlyCJ5.com can prove me wrong,but the only ones I've seen were on early military flaties. If you could post a picture,maybe we can figure this one out.

1955 thru 1959 CJ5's did have the factory option of the ventilating windshield. They are found mostly with the hard tops. I will post pictures when I am back State side in mid Sept.!! If I was able to- I could post a link from vintage jeep parts.com that shows an ad about the 55 that talks about and shows one with the ventilating option.
mine is actually a 59 that was first sold and titled in 60. It has the split bench seat option, extra fuel tank under the passenger side seat, and the original metal hardtop and doors from the factory. I bought it in Colorado 6 months ago from the son of the original owner. It came with a bunch of paperwork including the original invoice and purchase agreement from the dealer!!

Wow,I wonder how rare that option was....All the books I have never mention it as an option. Maybe Walcks 4WD has something.I don't have their web site handy,but a "Google search" should bring them up. They are about the best I've found when it comes to availablity & knowledge of factory parts for old Jeeps.

Well, after having a day off and the internet working, i found the adjustment arms at willysjeepparts in Yuma AZ. Ordered 2 NOS arms they had in stock. Looking forward to putting them on and using the tilt out when I get home. Saw a old Willys 2A and a 65 Chevy stepside here in Addis Ababa. Wish i had a camera with me. :cry:

Back