Cj To Tj

SCOOTERCJ5

Looking For A Fram Shop ,i Would Like To Put A New CJ Fram Under
My 1983 Cj5 With Coil Overs

Scootercj5

Last edited:

Oh...where to begin?
Coils or Coil overs? They are two different animals. With as much work as you would have to do, I don't think you want to start with a TJ frame. Wider, longer and has that wheel arch in the rear. You would be better off adding coils to the CJ5 frame.

Perhaps alittle more information is in order. If you're looking for a frame shop, let us know where you live (city and state). Are you looking for advice on how to do this, or only a good mechanic? Any specific questions?

I think what he is asking is a reference for someone that will put his CJ5 on coils or coilovers. The answer to that is, you will have a hard time trying to get any frame shop to do that kind of work. You will have to go to an experienced off road shop that specializes in custom fab work or else find a kit like the Black Diamond that converts your Jeep to coil springs. Not sure if they are available for the CJ5.
Custom work will likely cost you nearly the same as finding a used TJ, but then again you would have to lift the TJ.

Back