classic bone stock cj pics

heres mine f-head 134 63 cj5 no mods 4 speed t-98
forest service vehicle.
soon to have correct bumpers and seats.
zsmithwesson272180-3.jpg

hmmm
good thing i belong to more than one jeep forum eh?
restored ones arent very popular.
most folks only keep the body and frame

I have a 46 cj2a, I don't have any pics on this computer though. I will try to post some up soon though.

hmmm
good thing i belong to more than one jeep forum eh?
restored ones arent very popular.
most folks only keep the body and frame

Here in PA most all vehicles are eligible for for classic (15 years old) or antique (25 years) old - as long as they're stock and in good condition. However, Jeeps are specifically excluded. I've seen one military resto job - paint, shovels, the whole 9 yards, and it had an antique plate but that was years ago. I checked into it when I got my 90 YJ and well, without the ability to get classic plates (and the advantages of said plate) there's no incentive to keep things stock.

Here in PA most all vehicles are eligible for for classic (15 years old) or antique (25 years) old - as long as they're stock and in good condition. However, Jeeps are specifically excluded. I've seen one military resto job - paint, shovels, the whole 9 yards, and it had an antique plate but that was years ago. I checked into it when I got my 90 YJ and well, without the ability to get classic plates (and the advantages of said plate) there's no incentive to keep things stock.

I didnt see anything saying Jeeps where not eligible. Only down fall is it limits the amount of driving you could do wit hit.Here are the PA laws on classic plates.

http://www.dot3.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-ant.pdf

what?
no incentive?
boy oh boy are we ever on different planets!
i restore old motorcycles , bicycles and toys too.
i dont care if it has an antique plate or not.
it is for the love of the vehicle.
BTW
mines 46 years old.
and i am going through a lot of trouble and time to get correct parts when possible.

Last edited:
My father in law has a I think a 63 willys that he is redoing.ATM it is all bare steel,trying to get all the small dents out and make it look all nice smooth.Sorry I dont have any pics thoufh.

My father in law has a I think a 63 willys that he is redoing.ATM it is all bare steel,trying to get all the small dents out and make it look all nice smooth.Sorry I dont have any pics though.
i got the original seats on craigslist for 10 DOLLARS!
course I'll hafta spend $500 or so getting em reupholstered........;)

When I saw all the posts to this thread, this is not what I expected!
Sorry Bill! I will have to do some reading...not sure if I can post my 65 up as being stock. Its got the Buick V6, but iirc, they didnt get those till 66
Its 44 yrs old. Ive had it for about 25 years, but what happened during its first 20 yrs?! As far as classic plates in Pa goes, Ive got a friend in St Marys (Pa) who put them on his 79 CJ5, so...

When I saw all the posts to this thread, this is not what I expected!
Sorry Bill! I will have to do some reading...not sure if I can post my 65 up as being stock. Its got the Buick V6, but iirc, they didnt get those till 66
Its 44 yrs old. Ive had it for about 25 years, but what happened during its first 20 yrs?! As far as classic plates in Pa goes, Ive got a friend in St Marys (Pa) who put them on his 79 CJ5, so...
Mines in the spirit of stock.
it's been changed to 12 volt for instance.
shewilly
you aint old enough to own any car for 25 years.
quit lyin.

i am still running the unbridled raging thunder of 72 (count em!) unstoppable horsepower
of the mighty hurricane engine.

it makes strong men weep!

I've had classic cars in the past and when I tried to move a plate to my wrangler the state rejected it and stated Jeeps (CJ/Wranglers) are not eligible. Perhaps it was just some picky bureaucrat.

I could try for the Collectible Vehicle plate I suppose. The objective was to avoid emmissions inspection as the PO put a chevy v8 in it with no cats. I'm OK as long as I keep the mileage under 5k a year.

Since it's not a daily driver the classic designation saves $30/year on emmissions inspection, makes the plate a $75 lifetime instead of $36/year, and I can get insurance for $100 a year instead of $350. Those are the advantages I was speaking of.

i got the original seats on craigslist for 10 DOLLARS!
course I'll hafta spend $500 or so getting em reupholstered........;)

You dont have it posted where your from,but my father in law is an upholster.So if you live in the NE PA I can get you hid number if you wanted it.He has never done it before but he is also trying to make his own canvas top for next winter since his did not have one when he bought it.

That is just a sweet little Jeep rite there...V6 to...nice job!! You have the old hardtop for the 67? Thats great. I lost mine when I was young and stupid :x I think when I start back up on mine, Id like to get the plow frame cut off, and put a nice bumper on the front.
Ok..lemme see if I have a crappy pic I can post...it actually looks better than this now. The soft top and doors are on, and it isnt covered in barndust! Poor little old timer!

Attachments

• 65 KAISER 005.jpg
    65 KAISER 005.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 392
  • 65 KAISER 004.jpg
    65 KAISER 004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 257
Last edited:

Have the full cabs for the 71 and the 67. The 63 had a half cab, like a fool I junked it long time ago.

Back