clutch problem?

jackal

I have a 78 cj7 with the 3spd stick transmission. When I bought it the clutch linkage was all worn out and sloppy. I installed new parts and adjusted it , but still there is a slight chatter when I take off.
If you rev up the engine , or ease out and ride the clutch you don't notice it. The chatter seems worse in reverse, ( backing out of a parking space). The guy I bought it from didn't know anything about cars, except putting air in the tires ( HAHAHA). The jeep belonged to his daughter in college, and when I got it , the clutch pedal return spring was gone an the pedal was 1" from the floor. He said all of a sudden she couldn't drive it. Do you thing having no pedal return spring ruined the clutch?

Thanks,
Jackal
[addsig]

It sounds like your clutch has some oil on it or your engine and/or transmission mounts are bad.
[addsig]

it sounds like the the clutch fork is rattling i once had a similar problem all i did was adjust my clutch linkage. so mainly i thinkl its your clutch fork.
[addsig]

Thanks,
I appreciate the help. Some of the pedal linkage under the dash is worn, so I'll fix it. I just changed the linkage that goes to the fork and it helped a bunch.

Thanks for all the advice,
Jackal
[addsig]

Back