Clutch question

Cyanide

I was under my dash bypassing the clutch lockout on for the ignition and I noticed the pin coming off of the clutch pedal that pushes the plunger on the hydraulic system was worn about half way through. It looks like there used to be a plastic or rubber piece that was on it at one point but has since worn away. Can just the pin be replaced or do I have to get a whole new pedal? Sorry for the bad pic I only had my cell phone camera with me at the time.

Attachments

• clutch pin.jpg
    clutch pin.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 202
  • ClutchActuatorBushing2.PNG
    ClutchActuatorBushing2.PNG
    39.1 KB · Views: 635

If the pin isnt replaceable,for example, being able to press it out and press anouther one in its place,I would grind that pin off ,and drill a hole for the apporiate sized pin to go into,drill it all the way through the pedal,and then braze it in place,on the back side of the pedal.

I was thinking of seeing if I can remove the current pin and then replace it with a grade 8 bolt with a smooth collar of some kind that will rotate instead of having the metal slide against itself. Also placing a lock nut on the end to keep the actuator from slipping off. Sound like it would work?

That depends. When I rebuilt my Jeep I found the same thing on the brake and clutch. I removed the pedal assembly from the jeep and cut off the old worn pivot rods and replaced it with the same diameter steel stock. For the retainer, I drilled a hole close to the tip and used a washer and a cotter pin. Other than that, there might be some aftermarket replacements out there or replace the entire pedal assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back