Confused as Hell!!!

ISAXDQB

Hey Guys and Gals, Ive been away for a while because of football, but I tore my Mcl and acl in a game 3 weeks ago, so now Im home....anyways that means time to start diggin in to the Jeep!!! here is my dilemma: I have a 1983 cj7 with the amc 150 4cylinder and I want to go V8...No im not sure what kind of transmission I got, but it is a 4 speed...I have my vin # if that even helps : 1JCUM87E2DT076120.....Okay I have access to a dodge 318, but I was told any jeep 304, 360 would mount up perfectly without having to switch transmissions...is this true? What engine should I be on the lookout for and which one would be the most cost effective one?I would like to do this the easiest way possible and if by chance I could do it without switching the transmission....Any help or suggestions will be Most greatly Appreciated!
-Tank

sorry to hear about the football injuries, i can't tell you about the trannies but good luck. someone will get to ya soon

Wife's led foot or something causing poor milage-95 Cherokee

The thing is, is I dont even know what kind of transmission I have..somebody told me that my bellhousing would bolt up to any chevy motor, until they saw that I have an AMC 4cylinder...I dont know what gives!

Just sit tight and look for someone getting rid of a transmission and engine that come together... Far Right hit the nail on the head... that transmission that you have wont handle V8 power, so don't worry what kind it is! You will be suprised how many people are getting rid of engine/ transmission combos.[/u]

Thanks!

how do I know what kinda transmission i got?..does my vin # help at all? I am totally a beginner when it comes to automotive stuff except when i was in high school I worked in a high end stereo install shop, so Im pretty fluent when it comes to the 12 volt stuff..

Back