Custom TJ front bumper

Ggg said:
Do you make any bumpers like this one but out of box tubing?

I don't wanna answer for him, but I know he is out of town til Monday, and I think he has an ebay listing of all the stuff he's got in production. At least I think its all there??? Anyway- the link for it is in the beginnings of this post. These bumpers are pretty slick looking. Are you just basically looking for a straight box for a bumper? That might make mounting any kind of accessories pretty difficult.... just a thought.

Thanks for the info, I'll check the ebay site. Well these bumpers are all thats in his ebay store.
As far as the box tubing, for what I need some 2 x4 would make mounting easier and I need the added strength. In no way am I passing judgement on this bumper, just my Jeep is pretty heavy by Jeep standards.

Last edited:
Do you make any bumpers like this one but out of box tubing?

As you found out, no bumpers made out of 2x4. Just out of curiosity, what needs to be mounted for the strength? With these being made out of 1/4" there is more than enough beef. The only thing this design wouldn't be able to do is hold air (like a 2x4 can be boxed in as an aux. air tank).

I would like to mount a hoop like structure to the back side of the square tube to protect my pitman arm and Astro van box. Plus I have a PTO winch from a heavy wrecker I want to use. It has 1/2" cable so the rating is rather high.

I would like to mount a hoop like structure to the back side of the square tube to protect my pitman arm and Astro van box. Plus I have a PTO winch from a heavy wrecker I want to use. It has 1/2" cable so the rating is rather high.

Why not just use an aftermarket steering box skid? They're usually no more than $45 and fit relatively snug to the box. As far as the winch, I'd like to see how that is fitted. PTO on a wrangler sounds interesting and cool. Best of luck and keep us informed.

I only have 2 of these bumpers left. Get one before I make my next batch and keep the Jeepz $20 discount, otherwise prices are going up do to the rising cost of steel.

Also if anyone is interested, I have this bumper available in a BYOB kit(build your own bumper). I have one kit left, and they sell for $95.
IMG_20101101_200440-1.jpg

Thanks again for all the interest! 660+ views and counting!

Paul LeMay
JP Willy Customs
218-343-6216
JPWillyCustoms@gmal.com

The steering box skid will not work on an Astro van box, thats why I mentioned I had that box. The pitman arm points forward so it is the lowest and farthest forward thus the first thing to get hit below the bumper.

The steering box skid will not work on an Astro van box, thats why I mentioned I had that box. The pitman arm points forward so it is the lowest and farthest forward thus the first thing to get hit below the bumper.

Ahhh, it all makes sense now. Sounds like an interesting set-up. If you woudn't mind sending me a picture of it, maybe I can fab something for it?

I have none of my pics in my new hard drive. This is all I could find.

Attachments

• DSCN0014.JPG
    DSCN0014.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 942
Last edited:
Dang! That does sit way down there:scratch: I was thinking that you could have just made a longer angled tab off the bumper to protect the box and arm, but that doesn't look like it'll work. You could just make the bumper come down lower and at a hard angle....make the lower 8 inches removable (for servicing the axle and steering). Sort of a bumper with an integrated front skid plate? Not entirely sure how that would look though?

I am interested on one of these if any left. Zip is 22033. How much u think shipping could come up to? Also you won't happen to have a matching rear do you? I like how it looks!

Paul that idea is kind of what I had in mind. My pitman doesn't hang down quite that much. In that pic I have a 2" or so drop pitman arm and I have since gone to a regular straight pitman arm to get my geometry correct. I would also like to mount a 2" hitch receiver to the bottom of the bumper for moving trailers around and without it being supported on the backside I could see the receiver bending the bottom edge . So anyway, back to making one out of box tubing.

Last edited:

Paul that idea is kind of what I had in mind. My pitman doesn't hang down quite that much. In that pic I have a 2" or so drop pitman arm and I have since gone to a regular straight pitman arm to get my geometry correct. I would also like to mount a 2" hitch receiver to the bottom of the bumper for moving trailers around and without it being supported on the backside I could see the receiver bending the bottom edge . So anyway, back to making one out of box tubing.

I could definately make one for you if you wanted. I'd have to go price out 2x4 since I don't have any on hand. I could get back to you on a rough price by the end of the week. I assume you would want the tow points along with a 2" receiver?

I might be able to incorporate this into a bumper I already have built. Might save you a little cash.

Sure go ahead and shoot me a price on a BYOB, minus the 2" receiver since I have it already. I would say mount the two pull points through both sides of the tube.
Thanks

Last edited:
Back