Custom TJ front bumper

Any luck on the stinger version?

I had a memeber on here refer me to Jeeptubes.com . I haven't picked up a bender yet so this is what I'd do if you wanted a stinger: I'd use one of my bumpers, order a pre-bent stinger from Jeeptubes, and charge you for the cost of stinger(plus shipping) and say maybe $20 to cut and mount it.

So with that said, a short stinger on a bumper would run approx: $200 vs. A tall stinger running approx: $215 . I know that seems kind of high but thats how it works with stuff being done out of house. I wish they were a little cheaper.

I'd also have to figure out new shipping prices since the stinger would add some bulk. If you're still interested, or know of a better place to order bent tubing, let me know.

Here is what their stingers look like. They do not come with the braces however.

short:
1185073190328-903012444.jpeg

tall:
11846458918301815833740.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
jeeperwilly said:
I had a memeber on here refer me to Jeeptubes.com . I haven't picked up a bender yet so this is what I'd do if you wanted a stinger: I'd use one of my bumpers, order a pre-bent stinger from Jeeptubes, and charge you for the cost of stinger(plus shipping) and say maybe $20 to cut and mount it.

So with that said, a short stinger on a bumper would run approx: $200 vs. A tall stinger running approx: $215 . I know that seems kind of high but thats how it works with stuff being done out of house. I wish they were a little cheaper.

I'd also have to figure out new shipping prices since the stinger would add some bulk. If you're still interested, or know of a better place to order bent tubing, let me know.

Here is what their stingers look like. They do not come with the braces however.

short:
http://shop.jeeptubes.com/images/1185073190328-903012444.jpeg

tall:
http://shop.jeeptubes.com/images/11846458918301815833740.jpeg

You made me drool all over myself for a second there :)

Nice. Thanks. I'm looking at the standard skid for steering box, most say need to use w factory bumper. I have no idea why. I'm assuming that it has to with mounting. I'm going to be getting the Rustys version if it matters...... I just want to be sure I can use that part w ur bumper.

Nice. Thanks. I'm looking at the standard skid for steering box, most say need to use w factory bumper. I have no idea why. I'm assuming that it has to with mounting. I'm going to be getting the Rustys version if it matters...... I just want to be sure I can use that part w ur bumper.

Should work. The bumper is notched for most aftermarket steering skids. I can't guarantee a Rusty's, but I have an EMP(Extreme Metal Products) skid and it fits like a glove. Most of the designs are all the same though; it’s just the mounting leg that would interfere with other aftermarket bumpers.

Here's what mine looks like (pictures aren't the best).

IMG_20110315_225735-1.jpg

IMG_20110315_225759-1.jpg

And what the notching looks like......

IMG_20101101_200515-1.jpg

If you were interested in the EMP skid(cheaper and better built than Rusty's, at least in my opinion) here's the link:
Extreme Metal Products, LLC

Currently in the prototype stage. However this one doesn't have a home yet. Hoping to have it done by the weekend or early next week.

IMG_20110314_212245-1.jpg

IMG_20110314_212231-1.jpg

They'll also be available with or without the 2" reciever, corner protection, or tow points.

Last edited:
Just so you guys know, if you want to give your email to anyone, I would do it via PM. The last time some of us posted emails on a thread, we started getting some dude from asia or something saying he was doing a study of some sort....ah crap...I don't really remember exactly what he said, but it was weird, and annoying. Especially with all the non member lurkers, that are around all of the time. Its obviously too late now, but maybe in the future. Just trying to help you out, but its really up to you.

Click on the edit button. lower right of your post.

tjlboise said:
Just so you guys know, if you want to give your email to anyone, I would do it via PM. The last time some of us posted emails on a thread, we started getting some dude from asia or something saying he was doing a study of some sort....ah crap...I don't really remember exactly what he said, but it was weird, and annoying. Especially with all the non member lurkers, that are around all of the time. Its obviously too late now, but maybe in the future. Just trying to help you out, but its really up to you.

So THAT'S were that jerk got my email.

:twisted:
About how much you want for a front/rear set

Well since steel prices have gone nuts, fronts are currently $130. From what I have into the rear I'd say $245 with tow points. Add a 2" reciever for $25 and corner protection(like in the picture) for $40.

The fronts I usually have a couple on hand since I build about 8 at a time (currently 2 in stock), but the rears are built one at a time and usually take 3-4 weeks (all depends on my work schedule).

Ditto.. I like em too,how much for a set. Thy'll fit a 85 CJ ?

I have the measurements for a CJ7 front, but still don't have measurements for a rear. A CJ front is the same as a TJ, $130. These do take a little longer to make vs the TJ bumpers since they are all hand cut. I just don't do enough CJs right now to warrent the laser cutting. However if you're still interested id gladdly make you a front.

Back