Daytona 500!

newdestination

RE: suspension lift+hinge shackles

Is everyone ready for the daytona 500? Or am i the only nascar fan? Its gonna be Tony Stewart all the way today. If you cant go wheel today, make sure you catch the race!

NASCAR! ! ! Non Athletic Sport Created Around Rednecks! I love it, I are a Red-Neck, hard core, I still have a tan line from boots! My 7mo old daughter wears camo! What's yer prediction to win? Who's yer favorite? R U a red-neck too? It's alright. . . my younger brother fought it for years, but now he's accepting it.

RE: mod...please fix this.

Bobby Labonte is who I usually root for but since he blew an engine in the first 20 laps I guess I'll have to cheer on his teammates.

Doofball Gordon won....that sux. Me? Either DJ or Junior or Michael Waltrip. Really though Junior had it there before that last caution. Man, that guy can use the draft good.

Parking/Emergency Brake Lever for 93 Grand Cherokee

Auto racing: 2WD on a too flat surface.

Snorkel? carb?

going round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round....whew.......... and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round......... :shock:

you get the point

Axle differance

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper said:
going round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round....whew.......... and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round......... :shock:

you get the point

Ahhh...spoken like someone that's never done it......

RE: Re: RE: mod...please fix this.

Sparky-Watts said:
Doofball Gordon won....that sux. Me? Either DJ or Junior or Michael Waltrip. Really though Junior had it there before that last caution. Man, that guy can use the draft good.

Sorry Sparky, I've always like the Doofball :roll: - been followin' him since he started. good finish, though (I hate restrictor plate "racing"). Loved Junior's interview. Those guys all got bigger gonads than me!

I've never liked him because I've followed him since he started. He was a punk that would wreck anyone to get ahead back then. Sure, he's cleaned up his act since then, and I've got respect for him now, but I just still don't like him. Of course, I started watching back in the Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison, Richard Petty, Benny Parson, etc. days. I still like a lot of the old timers. Dale Jarrett is the most humble, level-headed driver in the sport today, and that's why I like him. Of the "young guns", I'd have to go with Ryan Newman and Matt Kenseth. I hate to see Mark Martin and Rusty Wallace leave the sport (just as I hated to see Darrell Waltrip go), but I'm glad they are getting out while they're still on top of their game, unlike drivers like Dick Trickle (keep it clean, folks) and Derrike Cope. Anytime those guys raced in the past several years, they were just in the way, much like Kyle Petty still is. It's better to get out with your dignity and remain a champion than to keep racing and be a perpetual loser.

I missed Junior's interview....just had to shut off the tube after Gordon won. I think one of the things that bugs me about him is his ego. Sure, alot of the guys have an ego, but with him (and Tony Stewart) it always seems to come back to "I" did this and "I" did that.....In my opinion, the best interviews ever are with Michael Waltrip. That guy always cracks me up!

south442 said:
Bobby Labonte is who I usually root for but since he blew an engine in the first 20 laps I guess I'll have to cheer on his teammates.

Oh, yeah, always been a Bobby Labonte fan, too. That was a bummer he lost the engine so soon. Actually, I've probably got about 15 drivers that I root for, but the ones I listed are the top 3 (Jarrett ,Junior, and Waltrip). It was good to see that Junior made himself what he is after his dad died, rather than trying to just hang on his coattails. I didn't like him when Dale Sr was alive, but he sure has changed since then. I'm always kinda on again, off again over Tony Stewart. Some days he's ok, pretty good driver and respectful, then other days he's a jerk. Yesterday's Busch race showed the true level of talent that guy has when he took off across the grass and got it back up on the track without hitting anything and only losing 3 or 4 spots! Now that takes ballz!!! He truly is an amazingly talented driver if you've ever read anything on him. Off-road, indy, open wheel, short track, midgets....anything he gets behind the wheel in, he can win with. Got a lot of respect for that. Just wish he wasn't such a hothead so often.

Sorry you missed Junior's interview....he was the first one they talked to after the race. For bein' so young and comin' from where he came from, that dude has a good head on his shoulders. I love Junior.....but I like Gordon, too. Great sport....just so they don't cancel the season like the NHL did! It's all about money anymore.

Oh, yeah....everything's about the money nowadays. I loved the DW commercials, especially the one with, "Dear Darrell, what would you have been if you weren't a race driver?" That shot the bus swinging sideways was great!! Or the one with the restrictor plate in the ballot box was good, too.

RE: Re: SugaMamas

dang i thought stewart had it, but once waltrip blew up he had no friends to help, and when your in first the only thing you can do is go back. At least jimmy johnson didnt win! All he ever complains about is everyone else that races him is an idiot and cant drive. Oh and about the round and round junk, dont knock what your not educated about! hah For me its, race on friday nights, wheel on saturday, watch nascar on sunday. Hey sparky, you catch that hilarious comercial where that guy was walking around drafting everyone! That was great!

newdestination said:
Hey sparky, you catch that hilarious comercial where that guy was walking around drafting everyone! That was great!

Oh, yeah!!!! :lol: I was doing that to Sunshine at Walmart the other day....she didn't get it. She's not much of a race fan, though I've been teaching her slowly.

I can't believe what big babies Johnson and Chad Knaus are! Knaus got up in Stewart's face after the race just egging him on to get him to blow up so he'd get in trouble with NASCAR officials!! What a jerk!!! Thank goodness Tony held his cool.....he's learning that he can't blow up like he used to, and I'm glad he didn't. That's just what Knaus wanted him to do because he knows he can't beat him on the track, so he's trying to beat him off the track!

RE: toughest bumpers for $$

I got to watch the race up close and personal. In the Tiny Lund Section Row 19 seat 1 one coming out of turn 2. What a redneck convention. Before the race I spent my time at BIGGINS across the street from my hotel room. Anyone else get to go?

Mark Martin fan here. Dont know what Im going to do next year. Theres some other drivers I like, but not anywhere near as much. I dont know, Im kinda getting sick of Nascar and the way they play favorites and cant even figure out there own rules.

Nathan

Green97TJ said:
Mark Martin fan here. Dont know what Im going to do next year. Theres some other drivers I like, but not anywhere near as much. I dont know, Im kinda getting sick of Nascar and the way they play favorites and cant even figure out there own rules.

Nathan

Mark's a VERY classy guy! We'll all miss him - like to see him win the Cup before he leaves - been so close! I agree, Nathan, kinda gettin' sick of it myself. Too much money involved anymore. The epitome of my displeasure came last year when they fined Junior and took points away for saying "Shite" (well, a near derivative). This is NASCAR, for crimeny sakes! :shock:

RE: Re: RE: Re: The death of Hunter S. Thompson

Man i wish i could have gone, but i got to goto the pepsi 400 back in 03. Won a drawing from enterprise rent a car, all expenses paid! what luck. But im keeping my fingers crossed, finding out tomorow if i get free tickets to california this weekend!! wish me luck. And about all the rules, i totaly agree, its an awsome sport but they make too much of a deal about it. Its racing, theres going to be controversy and emotions when the stakes are that high, they need to take charge, but let the guys race and do their thing.

Right on about the rules. I think one of the dumbest ones is the "Lucky Dog" pass on a caution! The guy forked up and got lapped, so what do they do? Give it back to him!!!! Of course, I always thought it was stupid for the leader to slow down and let people get their laps back, too. You spend all the time and energy putting someone a lap down, then let them have it back. I can recall more than once when the guy that got his lap back that way won the race, or at least finished ahead of the idiot that let him have it back. Stupid.....Now, I do agree with not racing back to the line after the caution comes out, that's a safety thing that's always bothered me. Most of the safety rules I can go along with, but yeah, getting fined and losing points for saying something is stupid! Sure, punch someone out in the infield (Allison and Yarborough), or intentionally wreck someone in the pits after the race, go ahead and fine them and take points away, but not for saying a simple word that any kid hears by the time he's in kindergarten and can spell by the time he's outta 1st grade! Come on, like you said, it's racing for Cripes sake!!!

True about Martin. He's always been one of my favorites. I like that interview they had with him when he was asked about never winning the Daytona 500. He said he's been blessed with so many wins, it's pretty much ok with him. Now that's the attitude I admire. Not like some of these younger racers, to whom winning is everything. Jeff Gordon, for example, said Sunday that winning was all he was in it for. That's sad. Sure, winning is nice, but what about the fans? Think they are there just to see one guy take a trophy home? NO!! They're there to watch competition, to see a race, to contemplate the strategies involved. Only one guy is gonna win each race, but the fans are there for so much more than seeing some jerk shaking Pepsi all over his crew in victory lane. Jeffy, bud, it's not all about winning, and it's not all about you. It's about the thrill of watching a race. Get over yourself, you'll never be a Mark Martin, or a Rusty Wallace, or a Dale Earnhardt, or a Bobby Allison, or a Benny Parsons, or a Ned Jarrett, or.....you get my point. You just have no class, Gordon. And that 's nothing against the Gordon fans here, nothing at all. He's talented, and a good driver, but he's had a lot of breaks other drivers haven't had as far as money and sponsorship. He just doesn't have the class to be a hall-of-famer.

I usually make this post every year, and every year I get "I am not a fan bla bla bla!"

I watched it, I am not a Gordon fan, but that green, white, checkered finish was killer!

I kinda wish either Martin or Rusty won considering niether have ever won the Great American race, and both are retiring this year!

Back