Did I mention?

Joopin

Super Moderator
RE: Cool toy for your kids, or yourself!!

Finally, after working for 3.5 years straight...

I'm taking a vacation! My GF and I are going on a 10 day cruise with Royal Caribbean. We leave this friday! I just hope we don't run into any hurricanes... if we do then they will probably re-route us to NovaScotia or something... yuck. All the guys at work say I'm going to come back 20 pounds heavier. All you can eat! This is the first cruise for me, but Kara is a veteran cruiser... any cruise tips?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/gohome.do

carb bowl bypass

i've been on three, 2 with royal carribean and 1 with carnival. RC is definately the way to go. alcohol is expensive on ship. where are you goin?

CARIB_CAW_BYE_64B9B77_lg-5.gif

Labadee, Hispaniola; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Grand Bahama Island...

the best part is we leave from Bayonne NJ so we don't even have to fly anywhere. We are going on the Voyager of the Seas... ever been on that boat? Supposedly its one of the biggest.

we docked along side of it when i was in peurto rico. it is HUGE. all i can say is, BE PREPARED TO GAIN ALOT OF WEIGHT. there is food everywhere. the water was a little more rough down there than in bermuda, but with that size ship, it wont mean a thing

Re-routing to Nova Scotia ain't too bad... we have great maritime beer.

Candyfan said:
Re-routing to Nova Scotia ain't too bad... we have great maritime beer.

Look at this, your compelled to join to defend your country, I like that. But I don't like that I'll be packing shorts to go south and end up in the cold wintery north!!!

Welcome to jeepz!

RE: Cool toy for your kids, or yourself!!

Ha ha ... "long time listener, 1st time caller"....
Don't blame you....Beer ain't that good.
TY for the welcome.

Cool!!! If they do re-route, will they refund expenses.

I hope you guys have a blast!!

serios ignition problem need help fast!!!

Candyfan said:
Don't blame you....Beer ain't that good.

but... but... its so tasty and... goes so well with so many things.
pizza, chicken strips, crispy fries, steak, hotdogs.
campfires, beaches, basement suite, lawn chairs

HELLO!!!! so many things beer pairs up to soooo beautifully.. AND you live in canada, its not like you even get stuck with drinking pansy american beer.

anyways welcome to the "Z"
(and its "zee" not "zed" i was confused for a while there)

That's great Joop! Everyone needs a break every now and again.

antsinmypants said:
drinking pansy american beer.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hey Samual Adams ain't no pansy beer there Ants! I'm no coors light guy!

RE: Headed north

aahhh Ants my fellow female-Canadian-jeeper... TY, yes 'tis true...very tasty... went well with lookin' at my motor hoping the magic jeep fairy would come.... (head gasket seal needs replacing) But the weather looks like its getting ugly so now I am just sittin' in the house grease up to my elbows with my baby torn apart and not mended (Such a sad sight)

RE: Hemi Jeep or Restore My 87 Wrangler?

Joop

I am SO jealous!~ I love cruising!! The tips, OMG where to start. There are so many and I could type a BOOK.

lol Instead I'll just say plan right, pack well, stay safe, and have a freaking BALL!

Lady

Well Lady, we are trying to plan right, but this hurricane stuff is really a pain in the @$$... even more so for the people in Texas that just were evacuated! I guess RITA is as strong as Katrina was now. We are looking at the website for last minute changes everyday. I just went a bought a suit for the trip and a sports jacket. I guess they have formals on the boat... my GF is really into it, I would show up in my underwear and flip flops if I could but... I'm 27 and don't own a suit so... I just gave Mens Warehouse my paycheck for this week and then some.

And Ants, I would have to agree with Twisted on this one, there are many great american brewed beers! Sam Adams, Yuengling are in my top five... Never had any 'Maratime beer' but I'll give anything a shot once.

Cruises are great. Your going to have a fantastic time. I need a vacation myself one of these days. Let us know what you think of RC.

I envy you- Mud and I went on a cruise last August with Matt, his son, my bonus son, to celebrate Matt's 21st birthday. It was their first, my fifth. We laughed ourselves silly- too much fun!! Don't worry about "fancy night(s)"- some people take it really seriously- tuxedo's and sequined gowns, but lots of others will be right there with you in their underwear and flip flops- we were somewhere in between. I was on a cruise right in the middle of a hurricane once- it was a few years ago- one that hit the gulf coast and we were heading into Tampa. That boat rocked pretty good, but as long as we stayed outside, I was ok- and no one got hurt, lots got sick- there were barf bags everywhere! One "Cruise Tip" for you- take extra money for pictures- they take your picture all the time, and then charge you a bundle to get them.

RE: installing engine-any good manuals?

Sorry but are you nuts? Have you looked at the weather channel lately.
Bro were going thru the alphabet like crazy with these storms. I hope you dont get sea sick. You better be an old salt for this one. Well I bet you will have some good stories when you get back.

Just tell the captain to go REAL SLOW!!!!! Should be blown outta there by the time you get there. And, BTW, distaster sites are very romantic!!! ............... JK, of course!! Hope you have, at the very least, HALF as much fun as I had.......it will be a SCREAM!!! Good luck, hope to see some posts when you get back.

Well Joejeepny... we booked this like 4 months ago. We have been talking about it for quite some time, then all of the sudden they had a price break and we jumped on it. If there is a Hurricane, we get our money back!!! There is so much to do on those boats, I don't even care if we go outside.... of course that would suck if we couldn't.

Oh and I don't get seasick... I spent a week on a little tiny schooner up in Maine and I was lovin it.

RE: Shock Absorber preferences

Sunshine and I have been kicking around the idea of taking a cruise in January. A local radio station I listen to is offering a special deal for a 5-day cruise through the Bahamas. $567 per person on the Carnival Lines' Elation. It was originally going to be the Ecstasy, but they commandeered that for hurricane relief in the Gulf. The Elation is the exact same as the Ecstasy anyway. We still haven't decided if we're going or not....we've got a couple of months to make the deadline for reservations. I'd rather go up to Alaska on a cruise if it were my choice, but Sunshine thinks it would be too cold.......

Sparky,

I saw that the Ecstasy was used for the relief efforts. It came to my attention because my first cruise was on that ship back in 2000. My honeymoon, to be exact. I'll never forget the huge fun we had when we docked at one port next to a sister ship, the celebration. I was like Woo Hoo Were on Ecstasy and next to a celebration! Silly I know. lol

Love Carnival though, been on two and can't wait to make number three. You will never find me in Alaska though. I'm a carribean girl. Take me way down there where it's WARM!

You are going to have the time of your life Joop! You'll be just fine. Have a blast!

Lady

Back