Dieing out...

Skulljeep683

Hellow fellow jeepers... i have a 2000 tj with the 2.5 with a 5 speed, and im having running problems, i can start it and run it, but the moment i hit the end of the driveway the rpms drop and it stalls out. just replaced the fuel pump and the strainer thinking that was the problem cause it had 130,000 miles on it, the tps, iat, have been replaced along with having a longtube header with flowmaster 40 series single in dual out with axle dumps, full k&n intake with poweraid spacer and 4.0 tb, and a stage II jet chip with 180* thermostat, new injectors, and the motor only has about 6,500miles on it same for the sport clutch. No check engine light is on, and it has half a tank of gas. Ive consulted my haynes and chiltons and im now reaching out to the internet for more help.

now its not even running without holding the gas pedal down to up the rpms.

This is a hard one, I assume you checked the fuel rail to make sure you have fuel there, new pump in all always good to double check. The biggest problem on 96-03 jeeps is the crank position sensor going out without throwing a code. But you shouldnt be able to even get it to turn over. on the 00 do you still have the distributor? Not sure what year the ditched it and went to the coil rail and the cam position sensor with the wells type reader..But then again if your having trouble there you shouldnt get it to turn over at all.My first suggestion is to check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail at start up and while your trying to keep it running.

good sugestion and I second that. check fuel presure. Changing the pump could have stired up some settiment in the tank and clogged your filter?

This is a hard one, I assume you checked the fuel rail to make sure you have fuel there, new pump in all always good to double check. The biggest problem on 96-03 jeeps is the crank position sensor going out without throwing a code. But you shouldnt be able to even get it to turn over. on the 00 do you still have the distributor? Not sure what year the ditched it and went to the coil rail and the cam position sensor with the wells type reader..But then again if your having trouble there you shouldnt get it to turn over at all.My first suggestion is to check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail at start up and while your trying to keep it running.

I will try that guys, thanks! but the filter is new i installed a new one with the pump, and any debris in the tank i cleaned out before installation, but i will check the fuel pressure and start there. and yes it has a distributor.

Back