Diesel Exhaust

LRwrnglr

So my dad is finally going to put a 4" exhaust on his 97 powerstroke and he asked me to find some companies that make exhaust kits for it. But the problem is.......I'm not that big on diesel stuff, haha. So could somebody just list some companies that make exhausts for diesels and what you would recommend?? thanks

LR

My dad has an Edge exhaust and tuner on a real truck (read Chevy 2500). It's sounds good and it moooooves.

Banks makes their 6 Shooter on demand tuner and exhaust.
People around here that pull horse trailers swear by them.

Umm... Err...

Was it very hard to light?

With some of those "new-fangled" lighters, maybe a torch or something...you might get it going...

I just put a Superchips flashpaq on my '05 6.0 Powerstroke. It will get up and move, but I don't think it added the 100 rear wheel hp they advertise. When it was new and stock it would outrun my buddy's 7.3 with a chip. I think the 6.0's were pretty tweaked to begin with. A lot of people don't like them because they had issues in the early going. Mine has always run strong, but I have had to take it in to get the EGR cleaned twice. It gets caked up with carbon.
One of my other friends has a Duramax with the Edge Juice/Attitude. No exhaust mod. It runs good, but I don't think it's any faster than mine. Alot quiter though.
The 7.3's always show the biggest gains and have proven to be great engines if you can put up with all the racket. Another friend has a 7.3 dually with stacked programmer/chip and exhaust mod. He also added a Bullydog propane injection system. That's great for a tow or weekend rig like he uses it. For a daily driver, I would rather not modify one to that extent, but that's just me.

Oh hush red, you know you get whooped by every Chevy that passes you. I can tell you that my buddy and I can out run our other buddy with a Powerstroke. All the way home from Tellico, he was struggling to keep up. Also, another wheelin buddy of mine switched from a 3500 Duramax to a Powerstroke, he even admits the loss of power.

But this isn't a diesel debate so I'll stop. :D

Ok. It's on. Come on down here and we will have a truck pull, then go for a Jeep ride.
I didn't say I had outrun a Duramax. I haven't tried. I have outrun several 7.3 Powerstrokes. I have driven the Duramax and it is nice, but I didn't feel a huge difference over mine other than it was quieter and the ride was smoother.
Honestly, I think all of the big three have excellent diesel trucks. If you want quiet and smooth get a Chevy. If you want a truck tough as a rock go with a Ford. If you want one that is powerful but rides like a rock, go with a Dodge.
I hate to say it, but the Dodge with the mega cab is the best looking of all of them. They jacked up the front of the new Ford's, but I have heard the new twin turbo 6.4 is awesome. Time will tell if that is true.

Man I wish I could come down and make your day for you. Haha, at least on the highway, I think you got me pinned when it comes to the trails still. Gimme a few years to get through school and we'll see though.

well am i the only cummins fan? against all the powerchokes and dirtymaxxes.
I'll take the 5.9 24 valve. there is a big diesel truck pull next weekend, the last one i went to i was told by a powerstroke driver that a dirtymax was going to win, but cummins pulled it out again even though they were out numbered by chevys.

We don't take kindly to yer kind round here boy...

Just kidding. I'm actually a fan of the Cummins cuz they been around so long. They're great engines. Reliable and tough as nails.

I've got one in a 99 Dodge work truck. I like driving it every now and then because it makes me feel like I am riding a tractor. Loud and noisy and just keeps on pulling.

Back