DISASTER NEED HELP

DerekC

RE: Re: RE: Pop or soda?

My wife was cleaning up in the garage and threw out some linkage pieces to my jeep!!!!! I need a photo showing where the kickdown rod attaches and such. I need to see if I can find these parts or at least ID them so I can scavenge some. Must be a 258 with auto transmission Mine is an 80 modelCJ7...please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-D-

HEHEHEHE Tell the Wifey you found some replacement parts in Canada and it costed $1700.00 to get them and they should be here by Monday! :twisted:

If you can take a pic of the look on her face!
:shock: HEHEHEHEHE

Try to find a jeep dealer with a old school parts guy.
If he is worth a pinch of salt, he will make a copy of the exploded view of those parts.

DerekC said:
My wife was cleaning up in the garage and threw out some linkage pieces to my jeep!!!!!

this is grounds for a divorce :lol:

RE: AC Stopped running on a 2002 Liberty...Help? No warranty

The real question is what the heck is your wife doing in the garage :)

RE: HERE IS A PIC OF MY JEEP!!!!!! FOR SALE

thanks guys will check out the link and also swing by collins bros. jeep to see if they have an exploded view or better maybe a jeep to look at. As for the wife, she loves to drive the CJ as much as I do(though she has alot of trouble getting up into it :) )and can't divorce her, she makes twice as much as me..somebody has to pay for the stuff

DerekC said:
thanks guys will check out the link and also swing by collins bros. jeep to see if they have an exploded view or better maybe a jeep to look at. As for the wife, she loves to drive the CJ as much as I do(though she has alot of trouble getting up into it :) )and can't divorce her, she makes twice as much as me..somebody has to pay for the stuff

Dang, stuck between a rock and a hard place there.....but, I know where you're coming from. Sunshine has a tendency to toss things I need, or to put them up and never, ever remember where she put them, but I just love her too much to trade her in for a new model! :lol:

RE: Engine won

Hi-Ya DerekC,

DerekC wrote:

My wife was cleaning up in the garage and threw out some linkage pieces to my jeep!!!!!

Derek, there is a silver lining. This incident will provide a good …uuummm…“FORGIVE ME, PLEASE!” negotiating tool somewhere down the road.

Like, for example: after you use the "SACRED GUEST TOWELS" cleaning-up your good self after working on your Jeep. Trust me! Eventually, you will absently-minded use the SACRED GUEST TOWELS and forever mark said SACRED GUEST TOWELS with Jeep-grease spoor.

Sadly, the use of the SACRED GUEST TOWELS is encoded into the DNA of all Jeeping human adult males. Resistance is futile. Accept that it will happen. You will do it.

Preliminary research (AND I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP) indicates that the overwhelming urge to be subjected to the wrath of a human adult female on the rampage -- just because of a little thing like forever grease-staining the SACRED GUEST TOWELS -- lies dormant in the human male until the DNA coding is activated by marriage.

Been there, used the SACRED GUEST TOWELS and begged for forgiveness, Gadget

used sacred towels ONCE for wiping out inside of puppy's kennel when we were house training him....the look on her face was..in a word DEMONIC! to this day the half of my ass she chewed off has never returned :(

linkage? see if u can find a pic of it i had an 85 that had a 285 and an auto so it might be somewhere laying around with the transmission

cj questions

Here is a picture of the linkage. The red arrow is the kickdown rod. The yellow arrow points to a pin the attached to the "mystery" part. I think it was another rod running in the same direction. As for the blue circle I am pretty sure this is how it goes together. i tried driving it like this but kickdown does not work and will not shift into 3rd gear(obviously an automatic) hope you can help.
-D-

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jencanterbury/detail?.dir=/9f1a&.dnm=e1b5.jpg&.src=ph[/url

RE: MIX BEER & REDNECK, You get?

hmmm sorry derek, dont have a linkage like that u can try advanced adapters they may have one

Berretta has saved the day!!!!!!!

turns out my Beautiful, sweet, sexy, kind(can you see the sucking up here for accusing her of losing parts) :oops: did not lose anything! I actually lost my mind and hooked the #$^%&*^ linkage up wrong. If live near BerrettaJeep, buy him a beer and send me the bill!

-D-

Back