Do people pull out in front of you

Wow. Not often do I hear of a semi driving irrationally, or jerk-like. They usually understand the dangers of the roads. I see more ppl doing dumb shit to trucks than I care to watch. Multi axle vs 2 axle could never end good. The little guy gets crushed and the rig gets tipped.

TrailRatedRN said:
Wow. Not often do I hear of a semi driving irrationally, or jerk-like. They usually understand the dangers of the roads. I see more ppl doing dumb shit to trucks than I care to watch. Multi axle vs 2 axle could never end good. The little guy gets crushed and the rig gets tipped.

I see that fairly often around here. My ex father in law was a Holmes County sheriff deputy, a lot of the area trucking company's donated heavily to the county, the sheriff (at the time) would punish any deputy that would stop/ticket a trucker. They'd all pretty much do as they liked until a few fatal accidents...

An 18 wheeler outrunning a jeep? Highly unlikely. Those things weigh about 35,000 pounds empty and 80,000 fully loaded. What kind of power could he have to do that? He would have to have well over 1,000 horse power and they don't put engines that big in trucks. And as far as A_ _ Hole truck drivers. There out there, just like any other profession. And then there's those that get tired of people trying to cut them off.

I must be too courteous to truck drivers bc I never recall a time when one showed poor road etiquette. Speeding a little, maybe, but no cutting off, tailgating, or refusing to allow merging, etc. I spent the weekend driving 2000 miles on the interstate cross country and didn't get po'd at a single trucker. Cars, however, my patience was tested.

TrailRatedRN said:
I must be too courteous to truck drivers bc I never recall a time when one showed poor road etiquette. Speeding a little, maybe, but no cutting off, tailgating, or refusing to allow merging, etc. I spent the weekend driving 2000 miles on the interstate cross country and didn't get po'd at a single trucker. Cars, however, my patience was tested.

me either never had a problem with em

I've driven I-40 tip to tip, and yes most long distance truckers are courteous, at least in my experience. They flash their lights at you when there's a "smoky" posted up in front of you, they flash their parking lights to let you pass, I've even seen them slow down when you try to pass the on a two lane highway. However there's always that 5% of douche bags that don't get it. In my experience they tend to be the local distance truckers. The can suck my.... Winch! They'll try and squeeze you out of the way. I have a cb in my jeep. I wish I knew what channel the truckers on so I can give them a piece of my mind when they drive like ash holes.
But don't get me wrong, "without trucks, America stops"

Btw, jeepz rock!

steady.foot said:
An 18 wheeler outrunning a jeep? Highly unlikely. Those things weigh about 35,000 pounds empty and 80,000 fully loaded. What kind of power could he have to do that? He would have to have well over 1,000 horse power and they don't put engines that big in trucks. And as far as A_ _ Hole truck drivers. There out there, just like any other profession. And then there's those that get tired of people trying to cut them off.

It's amazing the things you can do with a diesel engine. Besides, if he already had momentum going up the overpass, it's not impossible to smash on the throttle.

Big trucks can get up to speed quickly when empty if the driver wants to.
You also have to realize they have a much bigger blind spot. So trying to beat them on a merging on ramp may not have been the best idea.
I never have issues with big trucks.

Back onto being pulled out in front of. Today the opposite happened. The guy in front of me flagged on 4 to 5 other vehicles through an intersection before turning. No obvious reason other than being courteous.

TrailRatedRN said:

In my old hometown in northern AZ it did snow quite a bit and I had a semi completely blast me off the road. It was snowing very hard and the road was a deep mixture of slush and powder and very very slick. I was doing say 30mph on a 4 lane highway in the right lane thru town and this semi comes out of nowhere and stays behind me in the left lane for about a mile then guns it and the wave of slush from the truck not only blinded me with about 6" of it on my hood and windshield but the force of it threw my v8 GC off the road and into the 5' tall snowbank on the side. I was able to use my momentum to get out of the drift and use this jerks tracks to catch up to him. Once I did I called the police and told them what happened and gave them his plate number and followed him till they caught up a few miles across town and pulled him over. I pulled over with them expecting to see massive body damage from smashing thru that frozen snowbank but not a single scratch on it.
Rarely do I see semi driver behaving like that but when you do they make up for all the good ones tenfold.

I've never had a problem with 18wheelers before. I respect them for what they do and most of them are very courteous.

I had more room to go in front of him than to squeeze behind him, so I tried for it. It's not really that he was bein a douche, he was trying to be nice and it was just the wrong time. I was just mad that he kept going, didn't even look back...

i have had run in with both types. i like the nice ones more though. i hate when two of them get next to each other on a long grade and then keep everyone from passing. i go around through the right because it makes me so mad for them to do that. for some reason, always happened going from fort benning to atlanta before hte highway was a four lane

superj said:
i have had run in with both types. i like the nice ones more though. i hate when two of them get next to each other on a long grade and then keep everyone from passing. i go around through the right because it makes me so mad for them to do that. for some reason, always happened going from fort benning to atlanta before hte highway was a four lane

OMG! I hate it when two vehicles are side-by-side on the interstate and one is going about half a mile per hour faster than the other!!!! That is when I start cursing. I was coming home and two cars were going side-by-side. One would start to pass the other, then seemed like it would slow down. I was the third car in line in the left lane. I saw a line of cars probably 20 cars long behind me, not to mention the cars piling up on the right lane. we drove 60something in a 75mph for at least 10 minutes, maybe longer. I was ready to drive in the shoulder like a true Ohioan.

Back