Do you have a Soft top or a Hartop on your Jeep?

have a hard top that was sold through Sears and Robuck back in the day Aluminum and Fiberglass combo. Looks awful works reat. Bikini for summer! tug

Need some help from all the TJ owners....

Looks awful works reat.
I also have a LAWG top. I built a top from plywood. It is like a halftop (bikini,windjammer,duster). I moved to NY from Orlando a few months ago and only had a soft top without rear side or back windows. I had thrown them away in Florida before I had decided to come to NY because the zippers were pissing me off.

Stock/95 YJ/4 cyl/5 spd/red

firemanharry said:
Both.........but hardtop and doors are going up for sale soon.

Why is it: EVERYONE who sells a hardtop lives 10 billion miles away???

If I have to go thru another Nebraska Winter in my soft-top, I think I will cry... QQ

Softtop only. In SC, it's only cold 3 or 4 months of the year. And even then, it rarely gets below 32. Only reason for a hardtop down here is for noise reduction. Doesn't bother me.

C

87 Grand Wagoneer

Shipping a hardtop is that expensive via a truck. I think they are going to charge the person who is buying mine about $160.00 not too bad onsidering the size.-al

I have a soft top, half steel doors, 2 sets of upper doors(regular ones and the glass slider type), a bikini/duster/windjammer setup, a hardtop, and a set of hard doors.

About a year into it and lots of $$$ I've been thinking for a week or so now about selling all of it except for keeping the hard doors and getting a supertop to run year round w/ 2pc soft doors for summer.

My wife now is pretty justified in saying I'm driving her nuts with Jeep top indecisiveness.

i use a hardtop now... the softy took a poop on me.... if it was my choice, i think i'd go with a softy year round

Sporting the Hard Top at the moment since the Temps in VA are now dipping below 32 and not to mention that the wind has been mad blowing lately. In the summer I prefer to go topless in the summer, but I have a soft top as well. Sad thing is that last summer with me moving and all I never got to take my hard top off :cry: I did take the doors off from time to time.

My soft top rotted off about 4 years ago; haven't had a chance to get a new one. We only get rain once a year (it seems) in southern NM so it doesn't matter too much. :wink:

I have been wanting to try to make one out of aluminum. Haven't got around to trying yet.

If someone has made their own top, why don't you post some pics so we can steal your ideas?

i have a hardtop... no softy.. but i want one...

in the summer, the top and the carpets will be out of it anyway. then all i need are some wet suit neophrene seat covers... and rain be damned... :) :)

Hard, soft and bikini... I use em all. I have the hardtop on now and in the spring/ summer the soft top is on but 80% of the time its in the down position. Doors are off 100% of the time in the spring/summer...
Why does everyone sell thier hardtops? I think it's great, less noisy, warmer, and less blind spots in the side windows... I hate lookin around those soft top braces!

got the hard top on now. soft top most of the time. just need to put some tie down points for the bikini.

all three tops came with my jeep

I'v got hard top and full doors on. It's quite sad, actually. Yesterday was beauitful at 40 degrees, I could have had the top down.

Interesting Jeep Update

Soft Top Here. I also have a bikini top.
I live where it is already winter - w/ temps already dropping down to 5 - 10 degrees @ night, and my softy works just fine so far at keeping me warm. I also have a wind jammer type of divider splitting the front 2 seats from the back. So there isd a smaller area to heat up.
Oh yeah and the last time i had the top completely off its was 45 degrees out. beautiful day to go topless.

Back