• No, never

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No, you can't wax rust / mud / bed liner

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
How many of you wax your Jeep on a regular basis? I personally wax it once a year or so, but I see plenty of other Jeeps that stay covered in mud (perhaps a protective shell of mud?).

So what is it, to wax or not?

I haven't personally waxed a vehicle in over 20 years. When I do want my car waxed I have it done by a mobile wash guy or take it somewhere if I'm able to drop it off for awhile. Yes, I'm lazy. :?|

I had my TJ for 9 years and I probably had it waxed a total of 3-4 times with the last time because I wanted it to look good for potential buyers. It sure did look good when it was waxed but I just never saw then need to do it too often. After its last wax job I think it looked almost as good as it did when new. I don't think that the lack of waxing hurt or damaged the paint. Maybe it would have on an over 10 year old vehicle but mine was still good.
8079988970_d0e665dc18_z.jpg

I'll probably try to wax the JK once a year or so. Or not. I get lazy sometimes. :lol:

I wash my Jeep regularly and after each off-road event. I wax it every couple months; less often when it's cold. I clay-bar it every spring. I polish it between waxing after each wash. I just like spending time with my jeep. LOL

I believe that our jeeps should be waxed as any other well cared for and highly prized vehicle should . If we maintain the finish as it left the factory it will serve us well for years to come. The reason we purchased our jeep in such fine shape is because we want a jeep in just that way .
We want our jeep to last , hopefully forever but we battle the elements and try our best to avoid trail scars. We pride and prize our beloved jeep(s) and we ask it to do what it may. We show our love for it by giving it what it needs and thank it as a trainer who rewards a fine trained steed with sugar cubes by dressing our jeeps with what we find best for its character and personality.
I believe the least we can do is to return the love to our trusty jeep that serves us well by taking best care as we would our own loved ones. Besides , the clear coat will quickly fade and the paint will wear and corrosion will begin if we don't. Maybe we drive our jeeps hard sometimes and expect that they perform as no other vehicle may , but if we want to make those precious moments last forever, maintenance to the body is as essential as oil , grease and tune ups and more . Yes , I believe we should wax our jeeps. The MB and GPW was driven hard by GI's but they were respected and maintained as their M1 Garands were if they were to survive. That is something we never often seen on the big screen. More than just a shine , let us preserve the name . Let our jeeps live , FOREVER

Jjust because its made to off road doesnt mean it cant still look great!

Attachments

• IMG_20130616_124750_969.jpg
    IMG_20130616_124750_969.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20130616_132318_045.jpg
    IMG_20130616_132318_045.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
I wash my Jeep on occasion but I haven't yet waxed it. I keep it in my garage when I'm not on the mail route.

Nope, I don't even wash mine. Had it 3yrs washed it 3times. I don't even wash it after I get it muddy, I just let the rain wash it. I got fussed at for leaving dirt and mud piles in the companys parking lot:). But, the body on my Jeep is about as rough as you ever see one and it still be useable. So you can understand, why polish a turd.
If I had a nice one I would at least once a year.

When I was a younger I detailed cars for a living at a Chevy dealer. After you've washed, waxed, buffed, shampooed and dyed the carpet on as many cars as I have you'll loose the urge to rub on one.

wash the rig regularly (due to sea spray....living by an ocean), but waxing it only when it gets close to time to put it in a show booth once or twice a year. :)

I wash my jeep every time it rains if it needs it or not. A jeep is the only vehicle you can climb out of covered when its covered in mud while in a tux at a wedding and everyone would just smile and laugh why waste the water

Hardly ever wash it never mind wax it.... But I guess since both inside and out are both covered in bed liner it would make waxing near impossible. I like it dirty with nice big lights( just like my women!)

Back