Doors are stuck

CashJack158

wanted to take my doors off today, but man are they stuck. I shot it up with some WD and tried even tapping them with a hammer, but they are FROZE. ANy ideas?

PB Blaster is a much better spray than wd40.

Try swinging the door back and forth while pulling up hard on the door.

yup, mine were the same way when we bought our wrangler. previous owners never took them off so they wore the bushings. took about 5 minutes of lifting and swinging back and forth at the same time but they unhappily came off. don't use the interior pull as a hold while you do this or you will have to replace them, like i had to

50% DextronIII / 50% Acetone Mix....is the best....really.

PB Blaster is a much better spray than wd40.

Try swinging the door back and forth while pulling up hard on the door.

Bounty's got it right...........back and forth, back and forth.......and lose the nuts.:shock: Don't even know where my nuts are anymore.:shock::shock::shock:

It all gets easier through usage. Enjoy!!!!

nuts we dont need no freakin nuts! LMAO I dont know where mine are either so just forget about it I did.lol

My pins where sheared off so I cant even put nuts on if I wanted to.

I agree back and forth and pull up.

Once you get them off to save you aggravation next time.Use some good lithium grease on you pins and next time they will come right off.

I used a tapered bull pin (like an iron worker uses) and gave each "female" part of the hinge one medium wack. This open each one up ever so slightly on the "entry" side and removal is much easier. Don't open them up much though, or you'll get a rattle.

Mine were stuck as well. I ended up bracing a small hydralic jack under the pin the nut goes on and just lifted them up. Once they break free they will come out. Then I applied small amount of grease on them before reinstalling. Now I just swing them back and forth and they raise right out.

Back