Drive shaft angle ?

jwenner

I reciently replaced my worn out factory shackles on my 95 YJ with a set of new 1 1/2" lift greasable shackles from Quadratec. They actualy only lifted it about 1". I didn't think it would create much of a problem, but a friend of mine thinks it could put too steep of an angle on the drive shaft. Do I have anything to worry about? Are the tolerances that tight? Thanks for your help.[addsig]

You shold be ok, Your friend is spookin you for no real reason. If you start to ge some vibrations you may look into it but 1 inch is nothing. Tug[addsig]

actually... shackles will help your lower driveshaft angle by turning your pinion slightly toward the transfercase... but it will then take them away from parallel... if you get vibration, its most likely because the U joints are not at the same angle... lowering the Tcase 1/2 inch might fix that. But... its most likely that you won't have to worry about that at all[addsig]

No worries...before the suspension lift on mine...I went with the financially friendly shackle lift of 2". No probs w/ vibration. Steering required a little more attention, however, but w/ only 1"...don't lose sleep.[addsig]

Dont worry about it. You are just fine. Like snitty said, at will point your pinion more towards the transfer case. But at such a small amount that you will feel a thing.[addsig]

Back