Earth Shaking Bass

Wrangler97

thats what im lokking for i just dont know a set up my friend has 1 12" and it bumps but since i have a jeep room is limited and security is vital any suggetions on a setup?

TerryMason has the in-seat subwoofer tutorial up on the forum, he did his with one 10" sub(Pioneer TS-SW1014D). These subs are measured at 250W each. They are very good quality, and they have an MSRP of 180.00, but i got mine off of amazon for around 77.00. I am in the process of building mine, and i am using two 10" subs, I will be sure to post pics and a video whenever my amp finally comes.

Good Luck

Check out the link in my signature. I think it's a great mix of security, space, and good sounding bass.

Attachments

• Jeep_subwoofer.JPG
    Jeep_subwoofer.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 1,645
  • Jeep_wrangler_subwoofer.JPG
    Jeep_wrangler_subwoofer.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 2,730
Last edited:
Here's a photo of another install I just found. Not my style, but it seems like a good idea.

Attachments

• 1925430003_large.jpg
    1925430003_large.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 672

that pic looks cool and pretty secure for the speakers but how safe do you think it is for the passangers in the back?

oh and i just took my back seat out put two 12" subs in and used a metal cable to to tie the box down since the gas tank is to close to drill
ive had them in for 2 1/2 years now and no burglers yet or any sign of them.
i also have a hard top so the only way the would get my box out is to rip the whole top off

Would this fly around if you got into a serious accident?

ive hit some pretty hard bumps and shook it pretty hard to test the strength to make sure it wouldnt move its pretty darn sturdy ill try and get some pics and post them when i get my camera back from g/f

i have 2 12's in a ported box sitting on my backseat and it hits hard but if someone wants to rides i have to take it out but when i take 3 or more friends its to go mudding not really to bump around so i guess its a good thing

I just finished building a box for my yj.Fits nicely behind rear seat,holds two 8's.Fosgate p1's.pioneer 5400 amp.125 watts rms per channel, perfect for the subs. Dont have pics yet but box is 7.50"tall 20" wide and 12"deep (dual sealled chamber)double face,and down firing, built to subs specs. You cant see it unless you open the tailgate. Sounds pretty impressive

I just finished building a box for my yj.Fits nicely behind rear seat,holds two 8's.Fosgate p1's.pioneer 5400 amp.125 watts rms per channel, perfect for the subs. Dont have pics yet but box is 7.50"tall 20" wide and 12"deep (dual sealled chamber)double face,and down firing, built to subs specs. You cant see it unless you open the tailgate. Sounds pretty impressive

Sounds like your box is built very similar to mine except I have two Memphis pr104d's on a Memphis amp eating 250 watts rms each. The downfiring box is nice if you wheel, a damp cloth will make it look new again. The only gripe I have is the legs aren't long enough so I have them set up on blocks of wood to keep them from firing far enough down to hit the tub. Sometimes when I rock crawl they will fall off the boards and one sub has cosmetic damage from firing into the board!!!

Sounds like your box is built very similar to mine except I have two Memphis pr104d's on a Memphis amp eating 250 watts rms each. The downfiring box is nice if you wheel, a damp cloth will make it look new again. The only gripe I have is the legs aren't long enough so I have them set up on blocks of wood to keep them from firing far enough down to hit the tub. Sometimes when I rock crawl they will fall off the boards and one sub has cosmetic damage from firing into the board!!!

I left an inch lip around the box(sides overlapping the bottom/face) then got some 1.38 inch rubber legs from crutchfield for 5 bucks seems decent so far. If the 1.38 is too short for you,you can get taller ones from sears for an air compressor.They should be closer to 2-2 1/4"tall.

Back