East TN moderate wheeling

David

I live in the Knoxville area, and would love to do some moderate wheeling. I've found that most of the 4wd clubs around here are more oriented towards very hard (lockers, 39"+, hybrids) wheeling than I want to/am able to get in to. Also, my experience with Windrock is that it's gone from a nice selection of all types of trails to having either very hard ones or very easy ones, with less available in the middle (not to mention from fairly cheap to pretty expensive). Does anybody have suggestions for trails and/or want to get together for a ride sometime?

If you are willing to drive down to Chattanooga there are a few open trails that I take my stock 01 TJ on. there are mud holes and rocks but everything can be bypassed if you don't want to try them.

I too live in the Knoxville area, and feels the same way, I like to 4wheel, but don't want to take mine in serious rock climbing and taer it up....let me know if u want to do some 4wheeling, I know of a few places in Roane County where I grew up and it's nice trails, I live in the Halls area, where do u live.

I live in Murfreesboro and I know of a few places around here or abit more west, and theres also Coal Creek right outside of Knoxville. I believe its like 74k acres of off roading, the whole nine yards from small to big trails.

is coal creek a regular off road park ??? i'm in southwest VA and would love a great place to hone in skills and just have fun but not wreck my rig with

Yea its all OHV, they've got it all, dirt bikes, ATV's, Jeeps, Buggies, Hybrids. I'm planning a trip up there around Novermber December.

I live in the Knoxville area, and would love to do some moderate wheeling. I've found that most of the 4wd clubs around here are more oriented towards very hard (lockers, 39"+, hybrids) wheeling than I want to/am able to get in to. Also, my experience with Windrock is that it's gone from a nice selection of all types of trails to having either very hard ones or very easy ones, with less available in the middle (not to mention from fairly cheap to pretty expensive). Does anybody have suggestions for trails and/or want to get together for a ride sometime?

Get yourself a topo map of the Pisgah National Forest.........I-40 to the NC line and you're in the Forest. There's lots of great little forest service roads that'll take you all over that place. Nothin' you'll need lockers for, and great scenery and solitude along the way (we saw 2 baby black bears headin' up the "back way" to Max Patch). Heck, there's even a couple of NCDOT "maintained" roads that are fun to drive on. Take Tenn. 32 toward Carolina...........it turns to gravel and goes right through Smokey Mountain Nat'l Park - comes out in Cataloochee........wonderful place!

Or........give tug a pm!!!!!!!

Good luck........EXPLORE!!!!!!!

wishin' I was back in the mountains,
mud

The wife, son and I are heading to knoxvillee on sunday and have day time hours to kill for 2 or 3 days so if any bodys game let me know.

If you care to drive up to Tnolina that is on the line between Tennessee and North Carolina off I 26 I can put you all on several good to go trails like No Business, Rich Mountain, Granny Lewis Creek, ****s Creek, Dark Hollar, and a few more ez to moderate trail to ramble around on.

I run an outfitter store here in Erwin Tennessee but am sure I can fond a little time to show you around show you where to camp and the such. At this time I still am Jeepless but have a little off road Ford Ranger that can keep up good enough and a son that can show you the ropes as well.

I dont get around here as much as I use to but PM me and I will get you set up. there is alot of good rideing here and have had many visiters in the past and no complaints. Tug

Back