efan swap?

97zjnoob

Has anyone put an efan on their GC? I have a 97 with the 5.2 and was wondering what fans people used with good results? Im thinkin of pulling one from a jy. Ive done the swap on my other vehicles to free up some hp and mpgs and had good results. I just dont know what vehicle to use as a donor. Thanks guys!

I don't know for zj but for xjs a popular fan is one from a 90s Ford Taurus with the big v6 ... Don't know if it will work for your Cherokee but you might try looking it up

I tried searching for it here and didnt pull anything up except for the 2.5s. I used a 90s Taurus one for my f150 5.0. Id imagine itd work for this too. Thanks!

A dual fan or single fan set up? Im thinking im gonna run dual fans and dual controllers.

The jeep.. on xj they come stock with and electric fan and a mechanical fan... Moat people replace the mechanical with an electric fan

Just to regain some hp and mpgs. It actually is running on the cooler side since it been so chilly where i live

Well you could look into seeing if you could get the Taurus fan to fit and maybe use a junkyard xj fan with it

Yeah go ahead and try... I would just make sure the caulking holds extra strong or find a way to make sure it holds good and strong... Especial if you plan to do any offroading

I was thinking about that. Caulking doesnt seem like a good idea. I have some extra weather stripping laying around and ill just line fan with that so it doesnt damage the rad fins and then use the efan style zip ties that push through the radiator to secure it.

Back