Electric Fans

i have a flex a lite fan and i love it. it has added hose power not a lot but with a four banger i need all i can get. :evil: [addsig]

tug & morgster, did i mention that i run my 150 fan directly to the batt so she can cool down after i cut the ignition? rather than climbing to 240 once the engine stops (because the 'mech fan's no longer spinning) she can use the fan as needed to keep her right around 200.

funny too; people turn their heads when her fan starts up (you can hear it 20 feet away) and the motor's off. not unusual for other cars, but in a yj?

:-O [addsig]

IT REALLY BOTHERS ME THAT PEOPLE USE THE TERM 420 AND JEEPING TOGETHER. IT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO WHEEL WHEN YOUR HIGH. JEEPERS DO HAVE FAMILIES AND YOUR ENDANGERING THERE LIVES ALSO. :evil: [addsig]

ODAX he said you dont want to take a 1898 jeep on the trails not a 1989. Just thought id clear that up[addsig]

odax - in his original post he said he had a 1898 jeep, making it something of a collectors item because i dont believe jeep even existed then, so having a jeep when they dont exist would be something of a feat, and you wouldnt wanna offroad it, hes since edited it which is why that comment doesnt make sense[addsig]

that could be his birthday g spot, and people could take your name in negative ways as well.....[addsig]

Who said anything about being high. Plus i think drinking on the traill is what puts people in danger. Anything that takes you out of your mind is not safe on the trail. I bet you never hit a g spot in you life. Your own don't count!! :evil: [addsig]

jeep master, how could you make anything about a gspot sound bad????????
je420ep,if your not a dope addict then what does 420 mean?????
please stop making fun of me.... :evil: [addsig]

What does 420 mean and what is all this reference to drinking and drugs?

More importantly - why is this dialog in the 'electric fans' posting?

I pull-up the electric fans posting trying to see how cooling issues have developed and now i'm back in junior high with all this ridiculous behavior.

'My jeep's bigger than your jeep!' 'You’re a jerk' 'no, you're a jerk'

C'mon you guys, lighten-up. Leave JE420EP alone - let it rest. JE420EP, please do the same. Let’s get back to the matter at hand - improving our rigs and enjoying these postings.

blue
[addsig]

Final update:

After all of the information provided by my fellow Jeepers I installed the Flex-a-Lite #150 Black Magic fan as bluebelle suggested. (1989 YJ 4.2) The extra airflow and heavier duty motor looked like the ticket. I also called Flex-a-Lite and picked up the nice aluminum mounting brackets that usually come with the #475 Wrangler 2 which made the install secure and sanitary. The only problem with the #150 is the extra ½ inch depth over the #475 Wrangler 2 that was caused by the larger fan motor. A little customizing was needed where the radiator mounts to the body which gained ¾ inch forward movement of the radiator, giving me the clearance I need. I installed a 160-degree motor thermostat in addition to the adjustable fan thermostat; rock crawl cooling no longer is a problem. The nice part is one simple turn of the adjustment knob and I can select the temperature I want. This weekend the desert rock crawl testing with air temperature up at 90 degrees went off with out a hitch and I’m happy. There was also a noticeable increase in throttle response and hill climbing power on road. It is a little strange having the electric fan run after the motor is off but I’ll get used to that.

Thanks to everyone for the input. :cool: [addsig]

Morgster,

Sounds my rig when the engine's off. People get startled when the fan kicks in. :-O

Just think - before, your motor just kept getting hotter, and hotter, and hotter. We didn't know how hot it became once the mech. fan stopped spinning.

In a Wrangler? they say.

Glad it worked out for you. I love mine.

blue [addsig]

For now, according to the factory gauge, it is set to start at 180 to 190 degrees.
It comes on and the temp stays put, and at night, on the freeway, it never even gets that warm, and yes Blue, it is nice to keep the temp from rising when the motor is off.[addsig]

okkkkkkk, i stand corrected. think that post about the 1889 yj still went over my head , but i am short anyway. my wife still wants a 63 mustang , ongoing joke here at the casa bella....odax :-? [addsig]

I'm going through the same problems with heating/cooling too. I was considering the fan, clutch, and shroud combo, but now I'm thinking electric. Would the Black Magic model be able to take care of a V-8?

Thanks[addsig]

I wouldn't want to tell you yes without having factual knowledge, but I would suggest calling Flex-a-Lite tech department (800) 851-1510 Don. Hearing it from the source would seem to be a good Idea.

Here is a lot more info on fans, including some temperature tests in one of these posts.

Pirate search "Electric Fans"[addsig]

Back