Engine smell in cabin at high speed

muzzy73

Hi everyone
When I hit my my GC 2013 V8 hard from 0 to lets say 100 km the cabin fills up with engine smell. This does not happen in my regular drive but those times when I feel like burning rubber. Had taken it to the dealer but they could not find any solution. Only option was to block the air vents which I didn't want to do.

At first I thought it maybe the engine settling but I have now crossed 10000 km and still the same. Because of this I cannot really enjoy the engine power.

The smell is not really bad but enough to make me open windows just to clear the cabin.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

Cheers

that is interesting. do you have an oil leak? If you did you may not smell it under normal conditions but under load it creates more heat and tends to burn off and smell more.
Welcome to Jeepz forum

Thanks for the response. I did find spots of oil on top of the air filter cover after getting the car back from 1st service. This I attributed to not cleanly fill the oil during thw change. Also now I checked under the hood. Didn't find any spots of oil. Will keep watch now after understanding the issue that might be.

Thanks.

no problem. I speak from experience. I have 3 v8s amd I drive them all hard. one seeps a little oil and when I drive it I can smell it sometimes. In order to fix it though the engine has to be pulled so I always just dealt with it

Check your fuel tank . On the top there are valves that have rubber grommets that can fail. If it passed smog evap then youre ok there.

Back