Enough interest?

jeeperwilly

I've been designing some hard parts for TJ's (mostly front bumeprs) the past couple months and again thought I'd ask around here for some input. I just finished a rocker slider design, so far I have a protype and a short production run for some friends. I was interested to see if you guy would consider rocker like these?

IMG_20110127_184144-1.jpg

IMG_1434-1.jpg

Rockers are made from 1/4" steel, use all counter sunk stainless hardware, mount at 12 points for each side, and have a nice flat bottom profile. I'll leave the rest to discussion.....

IMG_1435-1.jpg

How much are you planning on selling for?
LJ version ?

$185 for TJ's at the moment. If I had an LJ to measure up I'd be making them, same goes for YJ's and CJ's. I'll have access to a CJ this spring when the snow melts so hopefully those will be available sooner than later.

I see just one problem with your design. When mud, dirt, rocks, and sand get jammed in-between the body and your steel how are you supposed to clean it all out? Also why don't you put a bolt mount on the body mounts? Just an idea. Also a cool thing might be to put step bars in the middle of the outer part of your plate.

I like em alot. They look real sharp. Let me know when you get em for a YJ. Im definitely in.

I see just one problem with your design. When mud, dirt, rocks, and sand get jammed in-between the body and your steel how are you supposed to clean it all out? Also why don't you put a bolt mount on the body mounts? Just an idea. Also a cool thing might be to put step bars in the middle of the outer part of your plate.

I guess I've never had problems with lots of stuff getting caught inbetween the body and the rocker. I was running a set very similar to the new on I put on and never really had an issue. As far as a bolt for the body mount, I tried to make the mounting as simple as possible. This way you don't have to remove the body mount bolt. Atleast up here in the great north woods, salt loves to attack bolts. The less bolts you have to undo the better.

they look good man, those bumpers are sweet!

$185 for TJ's at the moment. If I had an LJ to measure up I'd be making them, same goes for YJ's and CJ's. I'll have access to a CJ this spring when the snow melts so hopefully those will be available sooner than later.

Is this price with a powder coat finish? BTW - They do look really good.

Is this price with a powder coat finish? BTW - They do look really good.

Price is bare metal. I like powder coat, but for what you put into it and then just end up scraping it off on the rocks, it just didn't make sense to me. I suggest Dupli Color self etching primer followed by a rattle can flat black. It's a lot easier to pop another coat on after the first coat has seen the rocks:twisted:

Back