Exaust fumes

DerekC

RE: WEBER CARB backfire

Alright, I have exaust fumes strong enough to choke a donkey when I am driving along. At idle I am ok with it(Weber carb =running rich) but on the highway is is pretty rough, happens more when DECELERATING??? any ideas? I looked the muffler over bretty well and do not see any holes or hear any "odd" exaust noises....
-D-

RE: 4.0L (wa/or) 93-99

If it's a CJ make sure the tail pipe exits between the spring and frame and is pointed to the side and a little down. Anywhere else, don't forget your gas mask.

I found that with my YJ I get some exhaust fumes in when I have my soft top on. Especially if I drive with the rear window rolled up. I have my exhaust tip in the stock location exiting under the rear bumper. On a cold morning when I can see my exhaust, I can see it coming straight up the outside of the back window up till I hit about 50 kms/hr. I think it's just the way the wind swirrels around the back when driving....it's definately not the most arrow dynamic vehicle I've ever owned.

Hi,

Certain bad exhaust smells are caused by a bad catalytic converter. I think it is mostly a sulfur smell that indicates a bad catalytic converter. If it smells too much like gas, then you're probably just running rich (which is something that should be fixed to prevent future damage to the catalytic converter)

-Nick :!:

Back