Exhaust HELP

Wranglerman21

I put on a 40 series flowmaster exhaust on my 2004 4.0L 5 speed wrangler. I HATE IT. it sounds raspy on take off and drones down the highway. ANYONE have any exhaust that they like??? Let me know what you have and what you think. thanks guys!!!

I recently got a pace setter cat back.Sounds good and some what affordable.

A 40 series Flowmaster is a big (and common) mistake on a daily driver. If you don't mind loud cars/trucks, they're OK around town but if you do ANY, and I do many ANY highway driving it'll drive you nuts. If you absolutely have to have a Flowmaster on a daily driver be sure to add a few resonators to absorb some of the sound.

Also, supposedly the 50 or 60 series Flowmasters aren't as bad, but I have no experience with them. I've always heard good things about Magnaflow though.

I have a "Banks" set up, stainless headers and stainless cat back all is made from 409 stainless steel. The headers have a lifetime warranty! The exaust flow is twice as stock and the sound is authoritative but not loud enough to be annoying by any means.
Jimmy

A 40 series Flowmaster is a big (and common) mistake on a daily driver. If you don't mind loud cars/trucks, they're OK around town but if you do ANY, and I do many ANY highway driving it'll drive you nuts. If you absolutely have to have a Flowmaster on a daily driver be sure to add a few resonators to absorb some of the sound.

Also, supposedly the 50 or 60 series Flowmasters aren't as bad, but I have no experience with them. I've always heard good things about Magnaflow though.
I had a Magnaflow on mine, and after a year it was cracking down the middle, I have a magnaflow cat, and 40 series flowmaster and it isnt bad at all on the highway, it has some drone but not annoying to me....its preference though

straight pipe? i have stock and its fine on both jeeps

I had Borla... hated it

I am building an exhaust right now using a circle track dynomax muffler, small and compact.. but I am very tight for space, Once it is in, and up and running, I can report on the level of annoyance of sound
5629d1280170879t-johnnys-94-yj-one-big-poop-dsc_0051.jpg

dynomax has a decent muffler and it is not to bad flowmaters suck for a daily driver period. I have a raptor on my GC and its fine not loud at all and has picked up the power a bit and gas milage a bit too.

I ended up going with just a magnaflow muffler. It sounds great. Hopefully it will last a while. Thanks for all of the help!

Back