Exhaust System for 06 Wrangler

jchooper12

Ok, well I have the intake part taken care of using airraid parts and now I want to get that last little extra that I can before I would have to reprogram the computer in my jeep. So I am hearing that replacing the Exhaust system in the wrangler will help some. So, what should I guy, brand, and model. I have the 06 Wrangler Unlimited 4.0L. I hear gibson is good, is there any better. Don't really care about $$$ much, looking for quality and performance. Let me know. Thanks.

Ive got borla headers and their muffler and it rocks, sounds deep but it's not loud to the point of being anoying. Plus, they warrantee their stuff so if it cracks, they will send you a new one.

What if I just install the muffler? I do not want to install the headers at this point because it will void my warrenty. Will I still get the performance increase with just the muffler?

Kolak is the way I'm going for my wj, but he also does exaust for the wranglers. Prob want to look into it. He does use a flow master muffler.

Borla, the one on my dad's Rubi has a nice deep mellow rumble, sounds better than any other exhuast I've heard on a TJ

Replacing Headers

Well, I am not sure but if I went with the entire exhaust system and replaced the Headers as well, would that void my factory warrenty? Also, as far as performance goes, if I just replace the system with a Cat Back System, will I get see the same performance increase as replaceing from the headers on?

Thanks

If you just replaced the muffler you'd get an aftermarket exhaust sound, but very little in terms of power gains. If you're worried about your warranty, then just wait a few years and/or just do the muffler in the meantime.

Also, someone mentioned Flowmaster earlier in the thread - I've heard several people say that Flowmaster mufflers have a great sound but that they actually flow poorly. Confirm/deny??

You should see see a difference if you replace the exhaust from the Catalytic converter on back with a high performance cat-back system. To maximize it, you'll eventually want to go with high-performance headers. Borla and Banks are the tops, and then below them I would say it would be MagnaFlow.

I'm not sure about the warranty issues. I think a lot of it would depend on your dealer.

Banks Torque Tubes (kinda pricey, but worth it), 2 1/2" down pipe, high flow cat, Raven Z-55 series muffler (had a Z-33 series on my 97 Tj, but it was just toooo load), and 2 1/2" tailpipe. Probable gain - 20+ HP, but haven't had it dyno'ed as yet.

Back