Exhaust upgrades: good or bad?

amuddyzj

So it's time to do an exhaust system on the zj. I'm lookin for something that will give me a bit more power but I don't want the deep truck sound and it seems that the Super Turbo kit provides that. I found the Dynomax on 4wheelparts.com ( Dynomaxâ„¢ Super Turbo Kit ) it's a good price and seems to have good reviews from what I've found. What do you guys think? I don't want to go all out with this job so I'm trying to keep it on the cheaper side. Then I found this Cat on 1995-1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Eastern Catalytic Converter and it says it has a high flow design. What I'm not sure is that it's not a high flow price. So I'm just looking for your input. Thanks guys!

Send a pm to Chuck at Muddy Rocks Offroad. I've purchased a couple of items from him, and he's beat the big guys everytime (besides, he's a sponsor here :) )

I'm trying to not sound like a jerk... but the only system that they have is kind of a little much for what I'm looking for. I would loooove to support muddy rocks and would rather give my money to them but, they don't exactly have what I need. But thanks for the input!

Hey amuddyzj,
We sell a ton of parts that are not on our website. Best thing is to send us a pm and see if we have what you are looking for. I will send you a pm. I think we can help you out a little on this one.
Chuck

Thanks so much guys!!! Also, you guys have any ZJ lift kits that are 4in. or 4.5in.? I'm looking to lift "squeaks" in the summertime. Again thanks guys!

IMHO, the best bang for your buck is a nice high flow header. You can find them for around $300 and they are alot easier to install than you may think. If you want to go with something less expensive, cut out your muffler, leave the cat and replace the muffler with a simple straight pipe. I tired several setups on my XJ, putting a pipe where the muffler is was the absulte best results I acheived.

Back