Expected gas mileage

Timl

I have a 90 Cherokee with the 4.0 and automatic - what mileage on the road (I commute 45 miles each way for mostly hiway miles) should I be expecting? I am getting 16 - 16.5 and I fill my own fuel and write it down in a log book so I am not just guessing. At 2200 RPM @ 65MPH I was hoping for better!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

thats about what i get... 16 on a good tank. i get worse if there's snow out (because i do donuts and whatnot...) if i drove it like a grandmother i could probably get 18 mpg.

as for yours, being that old... i'm wondering how much maintenence it needs... tune up (plugs, wires, cap and rotor) fuel filter, air filter, fuel injector cleaner, etc... it needs...[addsig]

I just put plugs in this weekend and air filter. I am looking at having an injector cleaning done also. [addsig]

My '95 zj with V8 gets 13.5 around town. My Discovery gets 11.5. My Jaguar xjs with the v12 gets 9.5. I hate the arabs.[addsig]

I've got a 92 with a 5 speed....the last tank i ran thru...which was mostly highway driving...and i got 18.5 mpg........

I just filled up my tank today..which most of it was used off roading and i was getting 14.5 mgp..

The only thing i've done to my jeep since buying it two weeks ago was change the air filter.....but i can tell that i still need plugs wire and a cap and rotor..........[addsig]

Well, seems like I am right in the ballpark! Was just hoping for better as I put on 100 miles a day! I really like the Jeep though! If my fuel injection major clean (this is the type where they hook the vehilce up to a machine disconnect the fule and run you on the machine for 45 minutes or so - not cheap but supposedly good!) helps a lot I will let you know![addsig]

If you want better milage, Go for a 4 Banger. My 89Ltd only gets 12.5 (probably cause of the 30x9s with stock 3.55 gears), But my Wifes 94 4 banger gets 21-23 around town and close to 25 highway.[addsig]

Anyone lucky enough to have a ZJ, discovery and a jag shouldnt be complaining about anything (remember5)
image-missing.png
....dont mind me I am just jealous. [addsig]

i have a 97 jgc limited and when it's running well I get 13.7 mpg. I have the v8 and a heavy foor[addsig]

my xj was a gas hog and I have a shotty 2.8 letere v6, i had a wikid mean fuel leak but i fixed that with a new fuel pump. great help!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back