Fan not blowing at all now

Rednek1280

At first the AC/Heater was only blowing on the lowest setting. Now it isn't blowing at all. I've tried a new fan motor resistor and a new fan switch, none of that worked. All the wires going into the switch and the resistor are clean and not melted. The only thing I can think of is the blower motor, but up to more suggestions before I spend more money.

Try running a new ground from you're blower motor. I've seen that a lot of Chevrolets.

Update. I pulled the blower motor out and hooked it up to a battery and worked just fine. Then I put in a wire into the ground from the connector to some random bolt, turned on the Jeep, and the fan started right up full blast, but only on full blast and won't turn off. I'm assuming I have to run a whole new ground wire, but where does that ground wire go to from the connector?

I'm not sure on Jeeps. It shouldn't matter as long as its well grounded to either you're body or frame. You should be able to run it from a bolt off the back of your blower motor to any available spot.

You could always put it on a toggle switch

Obstruction? There's nothing obstructing the fan. The fan blows too good now and won't stop. I'm just going to do the toggle switch.

Back