finally, the kids say my jeep is a big jeep

superj

My jeep has always been the lower riding jeep of all our jeeps. I normally have regular size tires because I don't do any off leading or anything like that. I got that ome 2.5" lift a while ago and finally got some 15x8" rims to out some old 33s on till I get some money for some newer ones. The kids are very impressed now and say they really have to use the step to get in instead of just stepping in.

Old tires:

New tires:

I think the tire place put to much air though, rides supper rough and you can feel the tread on smooth roads

All right ! superJ's jeep is all grown up now ! Got to say I dig the stance . Dosen't look like an old jeep to me ! Looks as good as a JK !

when you turn the steering wheel to full lock, your tires may rub on your leaf springs with the 15x8" rims and 33,s , even just street driving, unless you have the widetrac axles.. 15x10,s will cure that.

I haven't done the chalk check yet but I lowered again down to 28 since I have to get up and go to jury duty again.

And they don't rub at full lock, I checked because I was worried they would.

Now, I am even with all the jk with big tires but mine looks like a real old school jeep instead of a new plastic jeep

28 psi is a very nice ride. Still haven't checked yet but so much smoother and quieter on the highway

So you have any issues with the jeep wanting to wander on the highway? With my 92 yj, I had 33x12.5 tires on it,and it tended to want to drift on the highway. Thought It was just because of the tires.

Looks great man! If it does rub you could always get some wheel spacers.

no, no wander but i have had that with larger tires on other vehicles and it always got was because the alignment was slightly off because a normal place like firestone couldn't set the alignment properly because of the lift. once i took the vehicle to an offroad place to get the alignment, the issue went away.

i think though, the width of the tread can make road wander seem worse since you are now fighting so much more of the road surface then on stock tires. like on a motorcycle, if the surface is cut with grooves or tire ruts going at a slight angle, it will wreck an inexperienced motorcycle rider because the bike suddenly changes direction to follow the grooves. those dang grooves have a much larger effect then just giving the rain water somewhere to drain and i think the road crews who cut them into the surface don;t know that.

Back