flowmaster exhaust

flyboy

Does anyone know off hand what the measurement is on the exhaust pipe to be able to connect a flowmaster muffler on a 99 tj with a 4.0L.
The shop I went to called keystone and they say they don't make one for a TJ. Does it sound mean for those of you who have one?

I have a Flowmaster 40 Deltaflow and it welded right up. Go to another shop and they will do it for you. I think it is a 2" to 2.5" pipe and they have Flowmasters for it. it sounds a little Bratty when it gets to high RPMs but the chug when letting the transmission slow you down just sound GOOD. :D

2.25" is the inlet/outlet you need, but any muffler can adjust the pipe so everything fits tight.

I use a Flowmaster 50 DeltaFlow from www.rustysoffroad.com , supposedly the quietest model they make. Hate to have any louder :roll:

I ran the Flowmastr 30 and it was a bit louder but I like it. Seems as loud as a glasspac when at idle and low rpm's but seems to quieten down after you gas it and are on the road! Never understood just how it did that. That was on a 4 banger and it sounded great! tug

I've got a flormaster on my YJ and it sounds awesome. I, unlike some other here, like it loud and mine isn't quite as loud as I would like, but it still sounds really nice. I've got a friend with a '71 Mustang, with a 302 and he has a flowmaster on each pipe--man, you'd think he was running straight hedders on a 351!!!

i love the sound of a flowmaster... but... everyone and their sister has them... i'd like something more unique

Back